Anyone Have an Iphone 11 PRO?

/ Anyone Have an Iphone 11 PRO? #11  
I don’t have one. My biggest complaint about new phones in general is that they keep getting bigger, more expensive, and NOT more rugged.

I find $1000+ for a phone to be just ridiculous. I can see how the bigger screen would be nicer to use, but I still need the overall size to be convenient to fit into my pocket.

After I buy a fancy new phone, I have to stick it in an Otter box that looks like a spare tire and it still doesn’t prevent dirt from accumulating inside the case.

The coolest phone I had at the time was a Casio Gzone. It was ruggedized so it didn’t need a case, and it was a good size. Android was a little flaky back then, and I had issues with some of the apps I used.

When I’m ready for a new phone, I think I’ll revisit what rugged phones are available.

/ Anyone Have an Iphone 11 PRO?
I don’t have one. My biggest complaint about new phones in general is that they keep getting bigger, more expensive, and NOT more rugged.

I find $1000+ for a phone to be just ridiculous. I can see how the bigger screen would be nicer to use, but I still need the overall size to be convenient to fit into my pocket.

After I buy a fancy new phone, I have to stick it in an Otter box that looks like a spare tire and it still doesn’t prevent dirt from accumulating inside the case.

The coolest phone I had at the time was a Casio Gzone. It was ruggedized so it didn’t need a case, and it was a good size. Android was a little flaky back then, and I had issues with some of the apps I used.

When I’m ready for a new phone, I think I’ll revisit what rugged phones are available.

I always had Motorola, They made good rugged flip phones, the problem is they decided not to pursue and keep up with tech these days and I dislike droid phones..

/ Anyone Have an Iphone 11 PRO? #13  
I always had Motorola, They made good rugged flip phones, the problem is they decided not to pursue and keep up with tech these days and I dislike droid phones..

I can see that. My current phone is an iPhone 6S, and that’s my only experience with iOS. I’ll say that the general experience is far less buggy. I also like that I can install an app and then decide whether I would like to allow access to everything that app wants.

Android would give you a cryptic list of privileges that an app needs before installation. If I don’t like the list, my only option was to cancel the install. I would have to confirm whether that has changed before going back to Android.

NEVER had one that didn't have a glitch or get broken.

I have had three Apples and none of them had glitch's. I do put it in an Otterbox and work outside with it a lot, drop it etc, seems pretty stout for a fancy phone.. My only complaint is if it's really cold and I'm outside for a few hours, the battery dies very quickly..

I can see that. My current phone is an iPhone 6S, and that’s my only experience with iOS. I’ll say that the general experience is far less buggy. I also like that I can install an app and then decide whether I would like to allow access to everything that app wants.

Android would give you a cryptic list of privileges that an app needs before installation. If I don’t like the list, my only option was to cancel the install. I would have to confirm whether that has changed before going back to Android.

The best rugged phone I ever had was a Motorola Quantico, awesome phone..

/ Anyone Have an Iphone 11 PRO? #16  
I have had three Apples and none of them had glitch's. I do put it in an Otterbox and work outside with it a lot, drop it etc, seems pretty stout for a fancy phone.. My only complaint is if it's really cold and I'm outside for a few hours, the battery dies very quickly..

Batteries and cold weather are always a bad combination, it’s just more of a pain with things like phones because you can’t switch them out. I don’t know if they make them anymore but I always carried a supplementary battery which plugged into the USB port. It defeats the purpose of carrying the phone for emergencies, if the battery is dead the one time that you need it.

It defeats the purpose of carrying the phone for emergencies, if the battery is dead the one time that you need it.

I agree... What I do to keep the battery strong is put the phone in my shirt pocket under my jacket so it stays warms, that eliminates the problem..

/ Anyone Have an Iphone 11 PRO? #18  
After buying phones for our boys, my next phone will be refurbished. $800 - $1,200 for a phone? But hey, we (the carrier) will break it down on your bill so you don't have to worry about the up front cost. NO WAY.

/ Anyone Have an Iphone 11 PRO? #19  
There is more computing power in one of these small phone then used to get a man on the moon... think on that... in our hands !

No I don't have an 11 Pro, Names are a gimmick, I do have an Xs, why because I got me and the Wife one for free when we switched to Verizon, not the best service around me, but as stated, the price was right.

I do wish I had my old Flip Phone with Trackphone Service back, that was the best of all worlds.

The 11 Pro sounds interesting for the people that like taking pictures with their phones, I prefer a Camera, but they have three different lens, sort of prime lens to do what they were designed to do, I do like that idea.

Sorry can't give you any input on the working of the 11-P but it is sssoooo new !

/ Anyone Have an Iphone 11 PRO? #20  
When I bought the new Ram Power Wagon - my great old Samsung flip phone would not "pair up". My son convinced me to buy an Apple iPhone XR. Now I have a phone with the same level of digital technology as the Power Wagon.

Thank God - I know how to make/receive a phone call on the new phone. I've figured out most of the controls on the PW also.

And Apple thinks I need to upgrade my XR to an 11 PRO. GIVE ME A BREAK - I've only had the dam XR for 8 months.