Anyone here using a Krone Tedder?

/ Anyone here using a Krone Tedder? #1  

Bigfoot62

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5090M; JD 5085M; JD 5083E; NH TN70A; Ford 2600
I was wondering if anyone on here has experience with a Krone Tedder? I'm going to look at a used KW5.52T tomorrow. The guy who has it is a dealer and this is his personal machine.
I've never used a Krone. The only experience that I have is with a Vermeer. (Sitrex style)

/ Anyone here using a Krone Tedder? #2  
Friend of mine has one and wouldn't have anything else. Hydraulic fold is nice, but the hydraulic lift/you never get off the tractor. Especially nice if you have several small fields, going through gates, transport etc. He says it does a great job tedding.

/ Anyone here using a Krone Tedder? #3  
Krone tedders and 3point mowers are our main products from them. Great machines. The larger ones also have road tire kits for jumping between a lot of pastures easier. The little tires hate the road but man they pull good in a field

/ Anyone here using a Krone Tedder?
That's good to hear, because I bought one yesterday morning.
Found a local Krone dealer that had a 2009 model. (see OP) He has used it the past 6 years himself, and is the only owner. He had told me $5k over the phone, but wound up selling it to me for $4k. It had one tine missing. (the only one broken in 6 years) And the safety guard was broken around the right basket. He said that he would put a new guard on it, replace the broken tine, and give me an extra right-hand and left-hand tine. Didn't think that I did too bad. One thing is for sure, of all the tedders that I've seen, the Krone makes everything else look like a toy. I think it should last me a lifetime. (at my age, maybe longer :D )

/ Anyone here using a Krone Tedder? #5  
I bought a used 2005 18' 5.50 that looked like new last year. When I got it home one section was out of time and would hit when the PTO was engaged. I tried a red hot cutting torch, sledge hammer, long bar and everything else to try and get it a part to re-time the section to no avail. Part prices were unreal. IMO Krone is good equipment until you have a problem. Then they are so over built that everything is pressed together so tight that they are bout impossible to work on. I sold it the next auction.

/ Anyone here using a Krone Tedder? #6  
Curious. Middle or outside section?

/ Anyone here using a Krone Tedder? #8  
Yeah, me too.

I know mine doesn't have that problem, because I saw it working.
Middle Section. I am pretty good at working on most equipment, I spent two days trying to get it a part without just cutting pieces and replacing. It is pressed together so tight that basic tools will not get them a part. They are good machines just don't tear them up.

/ Anyone here using a Krone Tedder? #9  
Okay thanks. My new idea 4 basket Tedder has shear pins for outer baskets. Needless to say I sheared one of them and of course I put it back in 180 degrees out which had the outer basket out of time and hitting. Yours definitely sounds like something in the gear box

/ Anyone here using a Krone Tedder? #10  
Rotor hub arm bolts, there are 2 per arm. The inner set need checking at the beginning of the season as a loose one will either drop out and let the arm clash with other arms, or if the inner stud breaks you get the same clashing arms . It is less hassle to change ALL the inner set, as when 1 metal fatigues ,the others will follow. This was an older machine.