Anyone identify this plug?

/ Anyone identify this plug? #1  

Silvic

Gold Member
Tractor
Attached is a picture of a plug that I am trying to find. I used to see them used rather frequently but I can find nothing that even looks like it anymore in any store or on line.

Does anyone know the name or style for this plug as I am looking for the other side and am finding nothing.
Don't really want to cut it off. I do not want to go that route if I can avoid it.

Attachments

• 20210625_175712.jpg
    20210625_175712.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 151
   / Anyone identify this plug? #2  
They were used extensivly on cars for several years before printed circuits.
You might ask to go through a catalog at NAPA or the like. Probly find one on a car at junk yard.
If I had to put a discription with it I'd call it a polorized female dual spade connector.

/ Anyone identify this plug? #3  
Looks like a power T-connector, popular with many ham radios. Google "T power connector" and you will find many hits like this;

/ Anyone identify this plug? #4  
It looks like a Packard/Delphi/Aptiv 56 series connector

Looks like the 2 position female type C

You should be able to find the housings and terminals many different places such as Digikey, Mouser, Amazon, Ebay using the PN's in the above catalog

/ Anyone identify this plug? #5  
Looks like the female connector used on about 99% of the riding mowers that have electric PTO clutches. Local mower shops may have a few sitting in their boneyard.

/ Anyone identify this plug? #6  
It looks like an old headlight plug from a 4 light setup.

/ Anyone identify this plug? #7  
It looks like a Packard/Delphi/Aptiv 56 series connector

Looks like the 2 position female type C

You should be able to find the housings and terminals many different places such as Digikey, Mouser, Amazon, Ebay using the PN's in the above catalog

That's what I was going to suggest, but it's not centered. My Jeep has a bunch of those and they're shaped more like a proper "T" than this one which is offset a little.
It's also not the ham radio style, they're centered as well.

There's a locking tab on the contact, a thin narrow flat screwdriver can unlock it. The Packard terminals might work as a replacement, it's the shell that will be difficult to find.

/ Anyone identify this plug? #8  
That's what I was going to suggest, but it's not centered.

The vertical connector is centered above the lower, horizontal one. The spade goes into the left side of the connector.
It's a standard Packard type 56 connector.
A lot of old alternators used to have them on the back.
Probably still have some in my toolbox.

/ Anyone identify this plug? #9  
I can definitively say that your connector is....................... not worth the hunt and should just be cut off and replaced with a new one on both sides!

/ Anyone identify this plug? #10  
It is for sure the Packard 56 connector

2973781 Two position Style C

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-10 12.26.27 AM.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-10 12.26.27 AM.png
    353.4 KB · Views: 46