Anyone mow hay yet?

/ Anyone mow hay yet? #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Top Poster Of Month
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
We just began to get hot yesterday. Temps in the 80’s most of this week. Not much rain, but next week supposed to get a lot.
Still only about 2’ tall here.

I got so much to do before I can even think about cutting or baling.
Need to mount Pottinger on front of Massey
Change oil in Massey

Krone baler needs to be hooked up to MT655E and test run.

I’m running out of time ! 😣

AND I still haven’t got an answer on the extra 60 acres that’s been rumored to be coming my way. Fingers crossed. That’ll put me at over 450-500

/ Anyone mow hay yet? #2  
I could have bailed my place twice already... I thought it would be a good idea to plant rye grass on the bare dirt around the new house. Every week I'm cutting a foot of growth. I'm ready for it to burn up!

/ Anyone mow hay yet? #3  
I just mowed up at the Church and here at the house. The Church was "almost" tall enough to make hay, but not quite. Seems the lack of rain has kept it from growing very much this year. Last year I was mowing before Easter!
David from jax

/ Anyone mow hay yet? #4  
I smelled a freshly cut field yesterday in EXTREME north Georgia.

/ Anyone mow hay yet? #5  
Hey guys, a little aside to this thread, for you brush-hogging types.

I have a pretty nice Deere-painted Woods M4 rotary cutter (aka brush hog), cat.1/2, quick-hitch compatible in 48" size. Back when I bought it, I had a heck of a time finding a 48", as nearly all for sale around here are 60" or 72", and my tractor at the time only had PTO 20 hp (Deere 855). But it's truly the perfect size for the nearly-ubiquitous Deere 2-series or Kubota B01's that everyone seems to run around here, those machines being a little small for 60" or larger cutters.

I've had the thing up for sale here and on C'list for more than a year, with no bites. Wrong forum? Wrong price? I thought I had priced it in the middle of the range I saw folks asking for these, and it's in nice shape with all new seals, skirts, and paint. What am I doing wrong?

/ Anyone mow hay yet? #6  
I have hay on the ground. Hoping to rake and bale tomorrow. I wasn't going to cut as the weather forecast was for heavy rain and thunder storms today (when I checked on Sunday) but Monday the chance had decreased so I quickly (!) changed my baler belts, greased everything, went over the mower, tedder and rake then serviced the two tractors I use. Cut Tuesday and the weather has been hot, windy and only a light dew. Now it will just behave for two more days .....

/ Anyone mow hay yet? #7  
I was hoping for very little dew this morning so I could rake early but .... got up 5.30 to thick fog! Sun burnt it off surprisingly quickly and I was raking by 10am, started baling straight after around 1.30pm, finished around 7. No breakdowns, fires ..... all good. That's half the farm done, hopefully next week will be good enough to get the rest done.

/ Anyone mow hay yet? #9  
Be lucky if we start in a month. It's growing good. And as always I'm not ready

/ Anyone mow hay yet? #10  
Not yet we are just now getting warm. Plenty of moisture but we have been cool. Starting to grow pretty good now.