Anyone NOT happy with their groved R4s?

/ Anyone NOT happy with their groved R4s? #1  

CDN Farm Boy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3300SU
Lots of threads available about the benefits of groved R4s and how happy people are with them. Is there anyone out there that is NOT happy with the mod?

Please only post if you have actually done yours and are either neutral (didn't find it made a difference either way) or not happy and would undo it if you could. Please also explain why, especially if you are the latter option.

/ Anyone NOT happy with their groved R4s? #2  
Did mine last fall and loaded tires same time,,,,very happy with both procedures.....
did not experience any loss of traction over the winter

/ Anyone NOT happy with their groved R4s? #3  
The only downside I've noticed they pick up a lot of small rocks/pebbles from the driveway, and they also fling more water when it's wet. Traction however was fantastic this past winter, I wouldn't "ungroove" them if I could.

/ Anyone NOT happy with their groved R4s? #4  
I have R4s, no issues. Great traction over the winter (I do have 4 wheel drive)

/ Anyone NOT happy with their groved R4s?
Kenny, thanks for the comment. That's something I haven't read yet.

To everyone else who is happy with the mod, I'm glad for you but please keep those comments for the other multiple thread about the subject.

As said in the original post, PLEASE ONLY POST IF YOU ARE NEUTRAL OR NEGATIVE. I'm not interested in the "I'm happy with it" comments.

/ Anyone NOT happy with their groved R4s? #6  
I grooved mine and got through the winter: plowing was fine.

But I am adding chains and spacers as they didn't handle deep snow on trails well.