Anyone out plowin?

/ Anyone out plowin? #71  
Spent about an hour this morning at work clearing about 6" of fluffy stuff. The guy that normally does it is off for a week.

That sure is a nice machine to run.

IMG_0629.JPG

/ Anyone out plowin? #73  
Sunshine, -10, and the wind is blowing like stupid. Ground drifting from the south blocks my road in short order. Did the half mile, had to touch up the lee side on the way back, started to block the road again. Loving the loader mounted blower.

/ Anyone out plowin? #74  
We got 8-10" earlier this week. First time using the tractor/blower to clear my 1000' private road. With that amount of snow, my ATV/Plow wouldn't have been able to handle it so I would have had to use my 26" snow blower. Would have taken me over 2 hours, making 4 back&forth passes (so eight passes), fighting with the snow blower to go where I want it to go (many curves) and then fight again to remove the harden snowbank.

With the tractor, just stay seated, driving in lowest gear, did one back&forth pass and, done. Took 35 minutes and chew through the snowbank. May be I could have been using my second gear but didn't want to overload it on my first try :)

/ Anyone out plowin? #75  
We got 8-10" earlier this week. First time using the tractor/blower to clear my 1000' private road. With that amount of snow, my ATV/Plow wouldn't have been able to handle it so I would have had to use my 26" snow blower. Would have taken me over 2 hours, making 4 back&forth passes (so eight passes), fighting with the snow blower to go where I want it to go (many curves) and then fight again to remove the harden snowbank.

With the tractor, just stay seated, driving in lowest gear, did one back&forth pass and, done. Took 35 minutes and chew through the snowbank. May be I could have been using my second gear but didn't want to overload it on my first try :)

2 hours to 35 minutes. That's a win!

/ Anyone out plowin? #76  
Not in the bank account though lol but it will see more use than snow removal once spring comes.

/ Anyone out plowin? #77  
we have now had 8" of snow over about 1.5 days. im heading out to plow

/ Anyone out plowin?
I just finished. One round of plowing and another round of salting. My helper had a med emergency so I did it all myself.:confused2:

/ Anyone out plowin? #79  
I'm going out after supper for another nuisance snow, 2". Half the customers will bit ch if you don't plow trying to save them a few bucks, and the other half will if you do plow, and this is Maine! :confused3:

/ Anyone out plowin?
I'm going out after supper for another nuisance snow, 2". Half the customers will bit ch if you don't plow trying to save them a few bucks, and the other half will if you do plow, and this is Maine! :confused3:

that sounds all too familiar :rolleyes:
Most of my customer base I have known for decades and they treat me pretty good. Out of my 20 or so, theres 2 that pay me in like May :rolleyes: despite my invoices saying “ pay upon receipt “. :laughing: