Anyone put a step on the right side of a ck3510?

/ Anyone put a step on the right side of a ck3510? #11  
I'd like to add a step to the right side of my 3510. It's got the mounting holes already there for a step (same as the left side), but the Kioti step won't work, because of the loader hoses and bracket that are underneath the right hand side. Has anyone fabricated their own step, and have any pictures to share?

I believe the bracket that's in the way is where the Kioti 3rd function kit mounts. Right now, the loader hoses are simply zip tied to this bracket. I'm thinking about just removing the bracket, ordering a Kioti step, and zip tying the hoses to the back of the step, but I'm not sure if there's enough slack in the hoses for this to work.

Apologies for being late to this thread. Adding a right-side step was one of the first mods I made to my CK3510SE HST. See pic below.

The part number is the same as for the factory-installed left-side step. It comes painted Kioti gray, and will bolt right up to the pre-existing threaded mount. The four hex-head cap screws don't come with the step, but are easily sourced locally.

The bracket that you describe is the only issue. It can easily be bent downward at a slight angle without damaging it to make room for the new step. The hydraulic hoses that the dealer cable-tied to it for convenience are easily moved out of the way. My dealer-installed 3rd function is the W.R. Long kit, which mounts forward of the step location as shown in the pic. The interfering bracket was not needed, so was used to cable-tie the new 3rd function hoses to. If, in fact, it is needed to mount the Kioti 3rd function, and you plan to use it for that, then the right-side factory step can't be installed in any event.

Hope this helps.

Left-side step on CK3510SE HST.jpg

Last edited:
   / Anyone put a step on the right side of a ck3510?
Thanks for sharing that picture. I think the hoses are more of an issue on my tractor. There really isn't any slack on my hoses at all. When I pulled the step off the other side to see if it would fit on the right, I couldn't move my hoses enough to even get it close. I haven't messed with it again yet though....way too many other projects to do while the weather is good.

Do you remember how much you paid for the Kioti step?

/ Anyone put a step on the right side of a ck3510? #13  
NYCheese, I checked the invoice, and the list price of the step was $103.65 back in Oct. 2018, before a 10% dealer discount. Not cheap, but from personal experience definitely a nice addition when the left side is up against a wall or a drop-off and you have to get off the tractor. :)

Regarding your hydraulic hoses, from your photo they are located and secured exactly as mine were. Just clip the cable ties to release the hoses from the bracket. Then use a long Crescent wrench to grip the lip of the bracket and bend it down a few degrees. Lift the hoses up and out over the lip, then up about 2", and push them back against the upper part of the bracket. Next bolt on the new step, and it will hold your hoses in place without binding or chafing. In my photo, you can just see the sock of the FEL hoses at the top of the bracket, just behind the forward strut of the step. The hoses in the pic that are cable-tied to the bottom of my bent bracket are those of the W.R. Long 3rd function kit.

BTW, I also made this same mod to a buddy's CK3510SE HST, so I'm fairly confident it will work for you. But, again, only if you won't need the bracket to mount something else. IMO, a right-side step should come standard on this tractor, and since the CK SE already has so many "deluxe" features as standard, I'd been puzzled why it doesn't. Now I see why, if the bracket is intended for mounting a proprietary Kioti 3rd function kit. But that strikes me as an unnecessary trade-off by the design engineers, given that the W.R. Long kit mounts with no interference.

/ Anyone put a step on the right side of a ck3510? #14  
Thanks for the info Threepoint. Now definitely on my list of additions.
X2 on the W. R. Long 3rd function kit. It is a very clean install. Mine looks like it was meant to be there all along.