Anyone put a thumb on a CK2610 Bucket?

/ Anyone put a thumb on a CK2610 Bucket? #1  

pmhowe

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610
I would like to add "The Thumb" grapple to my CK2610, but would like to read comments from those of you who have purchased one on how happy you are with it.
Thanks for your input.
PMH

/ Anyone put a thumb on a CK2610 Bucket? #2  
I can not comment about a CK2610 but would recommend you also look into a tooth bar (you can grab more stuff). Any grapple is better than no grapple!!

Attachments

• tooth grapple.jpg
    tooth grapple.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
   / Anyone put a thumb on a CK2610 Bucket? #3  
I built a thumb type grapple for by 2400H Branson and it does help hold branches & brush. Be sure the top of your bucket is strong enough to support the twisting load from the thumb.

/ Anyone put a thumb on a CK2610 Bucket? #4  
Adding a thumb grapple to a loader bucket (or forks) is one of the easiest hydraulic additions to add and also one of the most labor and time saving things you can add...I've fabricated two from scrap material and also installed one of these on a skid steer:

As mentioned above a tooth bar can add another dimension to the bucket/thumb...it lets you grab things when not on perfectly flat ground...

I've said this many times...about 99% of the jobs being done with a full grapple that are posted on TBN can be done with just a thumb...

Many here will recommend a diverter but personally I would go with a single spool valve*...
IMO the hardest part of adding a thumb with a valve is deciding where and how to mount the valve...
A new valve will need a Power Beyond port and plug/sleeve...

the line on the PB port of the loader valve (typically goes to 3PH) will go to the Pressure port on the new valve...the PB port on the new valve goes to the 3PH...

/ Anyone put a thumb on a CK2610 Bucket? #5  
I put a Green's Machine's thumb on my L4240 bucket+tooth-bar.Reinforce the top of the bucket,I made mine a bolt on/off if needed.
Had the third function already for my snow plow.
Next best thing to a full grapple,not quite the opening but a lot cheaper.Best thing I have added to mine.
1681602894117.png

/ Anyone put a thumb on a CK2610 Bucket?
I have ordered the Green's Machine Thumb. I should have it next week. My thanks to each of you for the help.
Phil

/ Anyone put a thumb on a CK2610 Bucket?
My tractor has hydraulics to the bucket area. I'll use that. The valve operates off the FEL stalk. Based on my bucket dimensions, I'm going with the 24" thumb.