Anyone Roll Coal with a Tractor?

/ Anyone Roll Coal with a Tractor? #81  
I've been doing that a long time and it saves me a lot of $$$$. 100_4406.jpg

/ Anyone Roll Coal with a Tractor? #83  
While driving by I would turn off the ignition while in gear and pump the gas , then turn the key back on while in gear . ( Stopped doing it after the muffler blew off)

I did the same thing with a '52 Chrysler Imperial. My dad was not impressed.

/ Anyone Roll Coal with a Tractor? #84  

That was great fun!

Gee, I learned a new one. A year or so I didn't even know what "Twerking" was. Then again Jr, the 21Centurian might just not know what "Dancing The Dirty Dog or Streaking means:thumbsup:

Same here, I think I pay attention to important stuff and social media terms pass me by (streak by). My kids would not explain twerking to me I had to search the internet. I'd have to say rolling coal is not a lot different than twerking, both a form of nose-thumbing.

/ Anyone Roll Coal with a Tractor? #85  
Drag racing with coal. Go ahead to about 60 seconds for the action.

Bruce

/ Anyone Roll Coal with a Tractor? #86  
I've been on and off, in and out, up and down with tractors for 5 decades, and never heard of this Roll Coal term before. I had something way different in mind when I clicked on this thread, I ended up reading through a couple pages, and I have to agree with Charlie Brown on this one.:confused2:

/ Anyone Roll Coal with a Tractor? #87  
I had to laugh when in the comments in the video . One guy explains that diesel fumes are so heavy they fall immediately to the ground so they don't hurt anything. Funny, when I lived outside of Denver in the early 80's they had a bus strike. No busses running for a short period. You could see the difference in the skyline as it was Summer which was / is prime time for pollution there. The pollution monitors picked it up as well and the difference was significant. When I was an Army MP in Stuttgart Germany the trucks all had the side exhaust mufflers. They used to love to sit next to us at a stoplight and rev the engine a bit. It would just pump the car full of diesel stink and we didn't have AC . That's all gone today and surely no one misses it. Today you watch one of their city busses go by and all you see is hot air rising.

/ Anyone Roll Coal with a Tractor? #88  
   / Anyone Roll Coal with a Tractor? #89  
From Page 7 #65:
His first attempt the transmission was in what they call "proud gear".
The instant measurement and display is pretty neat, is the speed indication used as part of the rules (a max speed rule?)

Yes, in some classes they had a max speed rule.