Anyone Seen an SA 223 Yet?

/ Anyone Seen an SA 223 Yet? #1  

sumdog

Tractor
Farmall A
First post to the forum here, so sorry if this is out there and I just couldn't find it. I'm shopping for a SCUT, and I have several brands to choose from. I was very impressed with my local Yanmar dealer when I swung by a month ago, but I was disappointed the SA221 only had a medium-ish range. I'd be fine to only stay in low. I saw on their website that they have a 223 model out with 2 ranges, but I'm curious if anyone has actually seen one or knows when they might be available?

/ Anyone Seen an SA 223 Yet? #2  
The 221 lists that it has a 2 range trans, just like the new 223 and the 324. If your comparing, there's not much difference between the 221 and 223. Only real difference is the HP. The 324 has higher HP and higher lift capacity.

/ Anyone Seen an SA 223 Yet? #3  
The SA223 has two ranges and a differential lock. If you step up to the SA325 or SA425 they offer a higher lift capacity, more horsepower, and dual rear remotes standard.

/ Anyone Seen an SA 223 Yet? #4  
I've not seen any of the updated models, unfortunately.

/ Anyone Seen an SA 223 Yet? #5  
Considering they were just put on the website I would say will be a little while before any arrive at dealers. The 223 is same HP as 221 but has dual range hydro and true position 3 pt (not sure if this is on 221). 325 and 425 are same as 324 and 424 but with dual rear remotes, basically $700 extra for factory rear remotes

Last edited:
   / Anyone Seen an SA 223 Yet?
Thank you - I didn't realize that they had just been added, but that all makes sense. It also looked to. me like maybe the 223 had a dedicated diff lock lever too.

/ Anyone Seen an SA 223 Yet? #7  
No problem. I hadn't checked the website in a month and didn't even know the new models were listed. Yes it looks like diff lock is standard on 223, was an option on 221. Glad they are doing the 223, the 221 just had nothing for features. Would be wise of them to make a fabricated drive over deck for it as well to help them compete in the scut market. Oh and 325 and 425 also get 12 volt outlet as standard, is option on the 24s but they already have a spot for it

/ Anyone Seen an SA 223 Yet? #8  
Considering they were just put on the website I would say will be a little while before any arrive at dealers. The 223 is same HP as 221 but has dual range hydro and true position 3 pt (not sure if this is on 221). 325 and 425 are same as 324 and 424 but with dual rear remotes, basically $700 extra for factory rear remotes

The 221 does not have a dual range transmission.
My dealer confirmed that the 221 has been discontinued and will be replaced by the 223.

/ Anyone Seen an SA 223 Yet? #9  
Yeah, knew it didn't have dual range but not sure if it has true position 3pt.

/ Anyone Seen an SA 223 Yet? #10  
Yeah, knew it didn't have dual range but not sure if it has true position 3pt.
The SA221 comes with select control. The position control is a nice addition to the SA223. The diff lock is also now standard.