Anyone start out with a Bobcat PowerLease??

/ Anyone start out with a Bobcat PowerLease?? #1  

KrayzKajun

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5010 Cab w/ FEL & HD Cutter, New Holland C232 w/ FAE Mulcher
Been doing alot of thinking about going the new machine route. Being the type of work I plan to do with a CTL having a warranty is starting to add a lot to the equation. I figure y'all aren't preaching about new machines and warranties for nothing.

Stopped at 1 of 2 Bobcat dealers in my service area.
I plan to go to the other dealer and compare numbers, plus its closer to my shop. Here are the numbers I got.

2014 T770 (loaded)
w/ forestry package and engine seal kit
80" hd bucket w/ bolt on cutting edge
60" Bobcat 2spd mulching head

$104,380.00

With the bobcat power lease I'm looking at $1400/month for 60mnths w/ $33k buyout at end of term or renew the lease for a new machine.

/ Anyone start out with a Bobcat PowerLease?? #2  
Bobcat machines are good, just lacking power compared to what CAT has to offer. But, DO NOT buy a bobcat head. There are no problems with them, except the teeth are double the price of Fecon teeth. Your Bobcat dealer should be able to get you a fecon head. We did the lease one time. One drawback was we had to pay property tax every year.

/ Anyone start out with a Bobcat PowerLease?? #3  
Bobcat machines are good, just lacking power compared to what CAT has to offer. But, DO NOT buy a bobcat head. There are no problems with them, except the teeth are double the price of Fecon teeth. Your Bobcat dealer should be able to get you a fecon head. We did the lease one time. One drawback was we had to pay property tax every year.

I was told the same thing about the teeth and with Fecon, you get choices of blades, stone or single hammers.

I can't speak on the lease. We always buy and upgrade often though a lease sounds attractive for the money but for most things, the lease math doesn't work out. I have sold my machines for quite a bit a cash long after I paid them off. That's something to consider.

Have you looked at slightly used T770's on machinery trader or pulling one in from another dealer? If it has some warranty, you can probably get most of the bugs worked out. These M series machines are pretty reliable. I have a few little annoyances that bobcat is working on but I went with a standard warranty and haven't been sorry, yet. The motor has a 3yr 3000 warranty as does the joysticks if you go that route.. (I think) and so a used machine will have some warranty left even if it has 500-1000 hours but is under 3 years old. Most stuff you can fix yourself and there are plenty of us on here that run M series machines that can help you through setting it up for mulching.

/ Anyone start out with a Bobcat PowerLease??
Decided to broaden my search for a machine. Thanks to machinery trader. I came across an T320 in Alabama only 500miles from me.

08' T320 w/ 528 hrs.
Selectable joystick controls, bobtach, HVAC, forestry package and bobcat mulching head.
Asking $64k I already spoke with the dealer and he is going to email/text me a walk around video on the machine and of the mulcher spooling up etc. guy said of I was serious he could make me a deal I couldn't refuse.
Meeting with my accountant (aka Mom) tonight to go over what my best option would be to purchase it.

Also meeting with a superintendent on a roadway resurface project 2morrow morning. They want to clear 20' on each side of a road, but do not want to disturb the soil by using a Dozer etc. wants all brush/trees 8" under mulched down. If I can price this right it would pay for the machine on the first job.

Here is a pic of the machine.

Posted via Mobile Device

/ Anyone start out with a Bobcat PowerLease?? #5  
Just a heads up but there is a 2013 T770 with forestry package and mulching head listed on Machinery Trader also with same hours almost for just $5,000 more. Might want to look into it I'd say it should still be under warranty.

/ Anyone start out with a Bobcat PowerLease?? #6  
And an M series is completely different machine and certainly worth an extra $5k. It's quieter, stronger, and the M series debris kit, while fabric, will keep the machine's compartments cleaner. I also think M series is a little better and fuel and the cab is 100% more comfortable plus the A/C is at least twice as good. Oh, and the M series debris kit is about $800 installed versus $4500 for other series. If you get an M series, you can find a used head and not need all the extra stuff other than Lexan which you can get in 1/2" for about $700 installed and still have a wiper.

/ Anyone start out with a Bobcat PowerLease?? #7  
I still recommend not getting the Bobcat head. The head is made by Fecon and a good head, but they use a different tooth style that is only available at bobcat. When we first started, the teeth were $90 each. The price went up consistently and peaked at $170 before they just stopped keeping them in stock. Order only. I had a aftermarket company make teeth for the head for much less, but you will need to change them all to keep it balanced. And he stays about 6 weeks out, so you need to keep a supply on hand.

The Bobcat head also uses that electrical harness that will get torn off multiple times, at almost $200 and you can't run the head until you replace it.

/ Anyone start out with a Bobcat PowerLease??
Thanks. I've decided against a bobcat head.

I'm going to start out with a bradco ground shark extreme. And have a deal on a used Timber Ax for $9k.

/ Anyone start out with a Bobcat PowerLease?? #9  
As much as I would like to say different, the Timberax is the worst performing head out there. They are very heavy and will not hold up. Think about this way. Of the choices out there your machine is on the low end of the performance chain compared to Terex, Cat and the small dedicated machines (Fecon 128 & Rayco100). If you run the Timberax and your competition is running a Fecon or anything with knives they will so you up so bad work will be hard to come by. Upfront price sucks but something with blades will give you as an operator they most production for your business plus perform decently against any competition. Trust me, there is someone you did not know about running close enough to compete. And once you start work for your client all eyes will be on you, both from the client and competition. Sounds like you have a good job opportunity, do your best to keep it. A machine and head that struggle or has alot of down time will have the client questioning the job. But, yes I hate to say it, if you ran a Cimaf or GT head, better yet e Fecon with knives and blew the job away, they will find work for you. Remember, they can always go buy a machine too.!

/ Anyone start out with a Bobcat PowerLease?? #10  
Agreed on the Timberax head it's about like pissing in the wind. I did some sub work for TVA with a another contractor running an pt100 and Timberax when I had my Tak Fecon set up. To put it lightly I ran circles around him and left a better finished product on top of that. He ended up getting kicked from the project 3 days in and have not seen him since.