Anyone use an electric mower blade sharpener?

/ Anyone use an electric mower blade sharpener? #61  
Anyone have an electric mower blade sharpening machine and if so, how do you like it? What kind do you have and are they worth the price of $400 to over $1,000? How often do you sharpen blades? Would you buy one again?
all I have is a angle grinder never let me down, I lift my rotary cutter block it and sharpen before every grass cutting ,weeds don't matter too much if the blade is some dull.

/ Anyone use an electric mower blade sharpener? #62  
OK mark me as a skeptic. I watched all three videos, never once did he explain how the balancer would work on blades that have the oval hole. Also he did not explain how you would go about changing the balance on a blade that is out of balance.

I don't doubt that the balancer is accurate, but comparing it to the nail in the wall is absurd. And how much time do you want to spend to get the blade precisely balanced? Do you grind off metal on the heavy end or weld metal on to the light end, and how much metal to subtract or add ?

Grind, balance, grind, balance, could go on for an hour.

Richard
None of the balancers work with oval hole blades. And relative balanced is close enough. No reason to get OCD on balance. The first time the blade hits grass. .dirt, ect it is no longer balanced. For the average person the nail in the wall is close enough. The magnetic balancer will be more accurate than a nail, screwdriver or a cone balancer, but doesn't need to be that critical.

/ Anyone use an electric mower blade sharpener?
How do you balance a blade the easy way? I know you take metal off the heavy side but isn't that like leveling a chair leg and never getting it right? The balancers I've seen don't look very accurate.

/ Anyone use an electric mower blade sharpener? #64  
Anyone have an electric mower blade sharpening machine and if so, how do you like it? What kind do you have and are they worth the price of $400 to over $1,000? How often do you sharpen blades? Would you buy one again?
I use an All American sharpener with an angle grinder, gets it right every time, then you need to get a Magna-Matic balancer to finish the job off. It is best to balance the new blades before you use them to, you will feel the difference, so will the machine.

/ Anyone use an electric mower blade sharpener? #65  
Yes the All American sharpener is awesome.
Mine can be adjusted in 5 degree increments but usually sharpen at 30 degrees

/ Anyone use an electric mower blade sharpener? #66  
Interesting thread - so went back to post #1 and did some catch up reading.

This year I am spending the majority of my time getting my neglected weed farm under control. Tired of the dust and bare spots. As for blades, my past routine has been to purchase a new set of blades each year. After a 45 days I'm just beating the weeds/grass. Not really working out, need to sharpen every month or so. Since I have a couple sets sitting around, I can have them sharpened up and ready for switch out.

Think I'm going for the All American 5005. I have a cheapo Harbor Freight grinder -- anyone know if this work with the 5005?