anyone use BSL hardwood flooring?

/ anyone use BSL hardwood flooring? #1  

forgeblast

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deer 318
Hi we are getting ready to get the last of the carpet out of our house. We looked around at different places and found BSL Floors
They have a really nice character grade maple (knots, we know we have knotty pine in most of the house) in natural for a pretty good price 4 1/4 was 5.19 a sq ft.
The only problem is that I cannot find any reviews on their flooring. I know they are a Canadian company and have been around for 20 years but other then that I am at a loss.
Has anyone used them? just wondering about the quality of the flooring. The sample looked great but its a sample.
Thanks, appreciate any info.

/ anyone use BSL hardwood flooring? #2  
Can't speak to BSL, but I did just go through a project where I did extensive research on flooring. Looked at ceramic tile, wood, vinyl plank. We ended up going with 'luxury vinyl plank' flooring for our lower level remodel. This included almost 900 sq ft. installed on radiant heated concrete. The range of quality and cost is vast. I found that almost everything at big box stores was not the quality and design that we wanted. I went with a higher end offering by Shaw (Titan Plus HD). Found that it was considerably less expensive purchasing online and picking up will-call at the local Shaw warehouse. I really wanted to buy local from a small flooring place but they were all over $6/ft (6.20-6.60) and online I got it for $4.35. That's a big deal on the quantity I needed. It was a great product to work with for installation and looks better than we expected it to be. I've installed various flooring types in the past, from old-school T&G oak boards to engineered wood to LVP and this was the easiest. Underlayment already on each plank. Snap-lock was very positive engagement and solid lock. And even though it is a vinyl product it looks completely like real, aged wood from an old barn.

PXL_20210403_152857415-X2.jpg

Rob

/ anyone use BSL hardwood flooring?
Can't speak to BSL, but I did just go through a project where I did extensive research on flooring. Looked at ceramic tile, wood, vinyl plank. We ended up going with 'luxury vinyl plank' flooring for our lower level remodel. This included almost 900 sq ft. installed on radiant heated concrete. The range of quality and cost is vast. I found that almost everything at big box stores was not the quality and design that we wanted. I went with a higher end offering by Shaw (Titan Plus HD). Found that it was considerably less expensive purchasing online and picking up will-call at the local Shaw warehouse. I really wanted to buy local from a small flooring place but they were all over $6/ft (6.20-6.60) and online I got it for $4.35. That's a big deal on the quantity I needed. It was a great product to work with for installation and looks better than we expected it to be. I've installed various flooring types in the past, from old-school T&G oak boards to engineered wood to LVP and this was the easiest. Underlayment already on each plank. Snap-lock was very positive engagement and solid lock. And even though it is a vinyl product it looks completely like real, aged wood from an old barn.

Rob
That looks awesome!! great install. This is for our bedroom though and my wife has allergy's. We worry about off gassing etc. Hardwood is what the boss wants lol. I did find the bsl warrenty 25 year finish, and life time structural.

/ anyone use BSL hardwood flooring? #4  
I LIKE that flooring BigBlue1. It's a very nice look.

/ anyone use BSL hardwood flooring? #5  
Thanks for the compliments. That's what really drew us to it. Unlike the cheaper LVP flooring it actually has texture you can feel, lots of character, variety of colors and the thickest wear layer I could find (30mil). It really went well with the industrial/warehouse/reclaimed wood theme we have in our gameroom area.

Sorry to derail your thread, forgeblast. I can't help further on the BSL thing but if you have install questions about your wood floor I may be able to answer some things.

Rob

/ anyone use BSL hardwood flooring? #6  
we also love the LVP products. we have a few rooms done in metrofloor, and it has been great. no smell or anything. no wear with office chairs and lots of dog traffic.

anyhow. with as many distributors as BSL has, I would not be worried about it. you could always call a few of them and see if they had any issues with quality most smaller places are sill honest and will answer your questions.

we also love the LVP products. we have a few rooms done in metrofloor, and it has been great. no smell or anything. no wear with office chairs and lots of dog traffic.

anyhow. with as many distributors as BSL has, I would not be worried about it. you could always call a few of them and see if they had any issues with quality most smaller places are sill honest and will answer your questions.
I appreciate it. I will be heading over saturday to talk to one of our local dealers, I want to see if I can open a box to see what type of typical quality to expect. I truly appreciate the information!!!and that floor is awesome!!

Just and update, We went with the flooring and could not be happier. The floor looks amazing, and the installer was perfect. So very happy with the work and the flooring. Natural finish, maple, character (has knots but the rest of the house is knotty pine so it works great.

Attachments

• PXL_20210505_192645241.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210505_192645241.MP.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 127
   / anyone use BSL hardwood flooring? #9  
Just and update, We went with the flooring and could not be happier. The floor looks amazing, and the installer was perfect. So very happy with the work and the flooring. Natural finish, maple, character (has knots but the rest of the house is knotty pine so it works great.

Looks great. Congrats!

MoKelly

/ anyone use BSL hardwood flooring? #10  

Rob
Everything looks very good! nice installation metallic epoxy flooring minneapolis However, our partner has allergies, and this is for our room. I are concerned about the off, etc. The employer tells wood, lmao. I did discover the permanent architectural and background warranty end.

Last edited: