Anyone use ice studs?

/ Anyone use ice studs? #2  
Very interesting question. I'm planning on moving snow with my LS MT125 if I get enough snow. Never liked traction devices on my lawn tractor with a snow blade as when it spun out I didn't want to stress the drive train further. I'm thinking this tractor with four wheel drive and the extra weight should be enough. But if I spin this out I'll get out my big snow blower and deal with it. But still good question. For me I would not opt for another set of tires with studs. I don't want to tear my equipment up. But that's just me. :)

/ Anyone use ice studs?
Very interesting question. I'm planning on moving snow with my LS MT125 if I get enough snow. Never liked traction devices on my lawn tractor with a snow blade as when it spun out I didn't want to stress the drive train further. I'm thinking this tractor with four wheel drive and the extra weight should be enough. But if I spin this out I'll get out my big snow blower and deal with it. But still good question. For me I would not opt for another set of tires with studs. I don't want to tear my equipment up. But that's just me. :)
Thanks for the reply. Just trying to see what actual tractor users do. Not a fan of sliding off the road. Last thing I slid was a 15,000# Case 580 Extendahoe. Bought chains the next day to the tune of about $500.

Chains are removable and so are those screw-in carbide studs. The next ice storm, I'll see how the tractor actually handles.

/ Anyone use ice studs? #4  
We have considered them many times for the larger tractors that are roaded from field to farm with manure spreaders and feed wagons, so much of the time a little more traction is required in hard pack or ice and with high horsepower chains can wear quite rapidly, but we still put chains on when needed instead. A couple of tractors just stay chained all winter.

/ Anyone use ice studs?
I reckon the use of chains would be less time consuming.

/ Anyone use ice studs? #6  
I'm seriously considering studs this winter, I checked that you gave and it's almost confusing to the point I have to be part mathematician to figure out what will work, I mean really they have go by 64"s of an inch for tread measurement 32" isn't much better, they cant go by 1/16" of an inch increments, then the sell by 100 200 1000 quantity, good grief Charlie Brown.

I did a quick calculation of the count my tires would need, I have a good 7/8" of tread left on my AG bar tires, 26 bars/tire, would like to have 2 studs/bar=52 per tire, total 104, now isn't that a kawinkydink, 100 or 200, what's wrong with gee maybe 125 or 150 quantity, this sounds like the old hotdog vs hotdog bun game.

If I but these looks like I have to go with this size the 21/32" or in english a half of a half a hair over 5/8">>>Maxigrip Ice Studs HM18 - Tire Studs - Snow Studs | Maxigripstore

/ Anyone use ice studs?
It does look confusing and they are not cheap, by any means. They just look like a good alternative to chains. I did stud my ice fishing boots years ago and they were truly life savers.

/ Anyone use ice studs? #8  
I would think that studs would be great on ice, in deep snow, not so much.

/ Anyone use ice studs?
My property from front to back has about a 5% slope. When conditions are just right, I can slip and slide pretty good. I think studs would work great on my ice-glazed driveway but chains would work better in the back 40.

/ Anyone use ice studs? #10  
I use grip studs in my tractor for winter. they work very well. I have chains but since I went to a cab tractor I help out my neighbors some and the chains will drive you nuts if you run down the road at all. the studs are smooth when plowing and grip very well. I have a sloped driveway thats partially in the shade and the studs are great. I looked at several different kinds of studs and went with the grip studs since they wont break off in your tire.. they are used on things like skidsteers all the way to trucks. there are alot of different sizes on the website with charts depending on your tread depth. overall i'm very happy with the grip when plowing. I have a 7.5' power angle skid steer mount plow that I used last winter with the grip studs on a boomer 3040. it kept the front end from sliding when pushing snow with blade angled and I had no problems on glare ice with them. I will be installing the grip studs this week in the new LS XR4145 .