Anyone use the Victor ultrasonic pest control

/ Anyone use the Victor ultrasonic pest control #11  
What do you use to get rid of the cat?
Cannot go there on this forum..... :p
Our cat loved to bring live mice indoors....let them go so he could taunt them. He'd finally kill them and maybe eat half of them leaving the other half so we could see the trophy.
They live OUTSIDE, not inside. Wife has some INSIDE that never go OUTSIDE.

/ Anyone use the Victor ultrasonic pest control #12  
What do you use to get rid of the cat?
I bought this property with no mice but tons of feral cats. Yes, ladt living here before was a "cat lady"
I have taken about 40 to the pound so far.....
Shoulda rented an unfriendly dog.

There are bucket traps on the internet that seem to work, or at least they did for me Get mice and rats if they are around, Just use peanut butter to tempt them and water to drown them. I mixed antifreeze because of Wisconsin winters or oil for stink control but I didn't have dogs or cats to worry about. Most I had was 8 mice in one day or so.
Tried that trap in Tennessee but didn't have any luck. The mice must be smarted.

/ Anyone use the Victor ultrasonic pest control #13  
Tell everyone, the best deterrent for mice is a cat. Never a mouse issue here plus the eat the body so no corpse to dispose of.
As somebody else already said... maybe not. There's nothing like jumping out of bed and feeling mouse guts squish up through your bare toes... They also bring other things inside; snakes, toads,... They're cats after all. They don't need to abide by our rules.

/ Anyone use the Victor ultrasonic pest control #14  
As somebody else already said... maybe not. There's nothing like jumping out of bed and feeling mouse guts squish up through your bare toes... They also bring other things inside; snakes, toads,... They're cats after all. They don't need to abide by our rules.

So very true.

You know the saying about cats —- they have servants, not owners.

MoKelly

/ Anyone use the Victor ultrasonic pest control #15  
Bought one recently. Even my ultra sensitive dog couldn't care less about it whatever setting it was on. It went to recycling last week.

/ Anyone use the Victor ultrasonic pest control #16  
err.... not always.

Our cat loved to bring live mice indoors....let them go so he could taunt them. He'd finally kill them and maybe eat half of them leaving the other half so we could see the trophy.

(he's got a flapper door in the window so he can come/go as he pleases)

Not once, but TWICE I walked into the basement bathroom (finished with full shower). One of the times, he was standing by the full length glass door (which was open) and inside the shower was a live rabbit that he dragged into there. The poor rabbit was literally bouncing off the walls trying to escape. Meanwhile, the cat was at the door watching. The rabbit was bleeding and the shower walls (at rabbit height) were covered in blood. Looked like Helter Skelter in there, rabbit style.

The NEXT time..... I was walking into bathroom....he's sitting on floor in front of me with his back turned to me. As I walk in, he turns around (think Reagan in Exorcist) and has blood on his face.... in front of him is a decapitated rabbit body. Head is totally missing and the cat is eating the shoulder meat.

He has since lost ALL four of his canine teeth and can't hunt very well. Not a mouse (nor rabbit) in the house since then AND he's probably not gone outside but 6-10 times over the last 4 years (since teeth pulled). Oh, one of his canine was falling out, took to vet who took them all. We didn't just decide to pull his teeth.
This ^

You want to get rid of mice? Forget the cat, get a miniature dachshund or terrier. We have one that’s basically The Terminator - She can't be bargained with. She can't be reasoned with. She doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And she absolutely will not stop, ever, until that mouse dead. I suspect our cat brings mice inside just to watch the dachshund v mouse show.

/ Anyone use the Victor ultrasonic pest control #17  
I once knew an electronic engineer that did a lot of research on ultrasonic deterrent devices.
A major problem is which frequency for which pest.
While one was effective for skitters it was useless for gnats or bees etc.

I had great results catching mice.
A simple 5 gal bucket with corn (peanut butter) at bottom plus any simple access means, be it a stick or when I caught many, simply placing that bucked adjacent to my stone faced fireplace.
A mouse can not hop out of a plastic 5 gal bucket.

We accidently discovered this method as when roasting popcorn a few kernels fell into the open ash bucket that was alongside the fireplace.
We were awaken during the night by the sounds of a mouse trying to hop out.
Thump-thump etc.
Peanut butter is also a super bait.
As I recall we caught 29 mice one winter in that log cabin.

/ Anyone use the Victor ultrasonic pest control #18  
This ^

You want to get rid of mice? Forget the cat, get a miniature dachshund or terrier. We have one that’s basically The Terminator - She can't be bargained with. She can't be reasoned with. She doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And she absolutely will not stop, ever, until that mouse dead. I suspect our cat brings mice inside just to watch the dachshund v mouse show.
I saw something on tv a long time ago about controlling rats in urban areas, might have been NY or London?

They had this terrier? dog that broke some record, 2000 rats in 1 hour....or something crazy.

The guy said hands down, it's the best way to do it. Looked like the dog was having fun!

/ Anyone use the Victor ultrasonic pest control #19  
One of our dogs, the biggest of all of them at around 80 lbs, would be found with a squirrel in his mouth. No idea how he constantly came across them. They clearly have the advantage in that they can climb slightly higher than he can. None the less.... he was ruthless with them. (never saw him with a mouse.... perhaps not big enough to entice him?) By contrast, I've never seen any of our cats (we're on our 3rd here) ever catch a squirrel yet the earth bound dog had them many times. Can't say however, that he caught them, never witnessed that.

/ Anyone use the Victor ultrasonic pest control
The reviews here are not so hot !!! Reviews online are not so good either . Once in awhile i will have a container of water laying around and will mice floating on top....so that method does work. I don't like cats so thats a no go...our Jack Russel luvs tracking them down though ! I will probably go get one and see how it does.

Thanks for all the comments

Chuck