Anyone using a Snow Bucket / High Volume Bucket?

/ Anyone using a Snow Bucket / High Volume Bucket? #21  
I think if your having to do alot of picking up of the snow and moving it to another location you should find a new pattern to plow in. I always push away from corners and not push into them.

/ Anyone using a Snow Bucket / High Volume Bucket? #22  
Hi, I have an NX4510. Have rears filled about 70% with fluid, and rear chains that weigh maybe 100 lbs each. I use an 84" snow bucket and even with fluid and chains, the rear gets too light. While your tractor could handle the 96" bucket, you would need significant ballast. An 84 " inch snow bucket looks huge on the NX. Plenty big in my opinion. I have a 84" rear blade on back that provides ample ballast.

/ Anyone using a Snow Bucket / High Volume Bucket? #23  
I've been considering a snow bucket myself. Pusher wouldn't work for me. I use the rear blade for light stuff, but over about 4-6" at a time it's over matched. During heavy snows I try to get out often, but even staying on top of it, the drifting is a killer. I have a 3pt blower, but going backwards and very slowly at that is not my idea of a fun time.
I've been looking at various buckets out there, and most designed for skid steers are just too heavy for my NH Workmaster 40. There is one, made lighter, at around 400 pounds for a 72 inch I think, that might work for me.
I already have edge tamers on my bucket and would definitely use them with a snow bucket. All my plowing is on dirt and gravel so I don't worry too much about hitting stuff. In fact, once there is a solid ice/snow pack on the road, the road is as smooth as it gets, and plowing is actually easier.. Still, the edge tamers stop any digging in, and with a lightly built snow bucket, digging in could seriously bend the thing.
The other fly in the ointment is the snow sticking to the bucket. I have had good luck with turtle wax spray wax on the inside of the bucket, but am going to try stuff called REJEX this year. It seems to be a nice, slick, hard finish, but time will tell. Will have to put it on when done with moving dirt and stuff around. Rejex is more expensive than the Turtle Wax, but you don't need as much of it, and it certainly gives a slick feel.

Last edited:
   / Anyone using a Snow Bucket / High Volume Bucket? #24  
Hi, I have an NX4510. Have rears filled about 70% with fluid, and rear chains that weigh maybe 100 lbs each. I use an 84" snow bucket and even with fluid and chains, the rear gets too light. While your tractor could handle the 96" bucket, you would need significant ballast. An 84 " inch snow bucket looks huge on the NX. Plenty big in my opinion. I have a 84" rear blade on back that provides ample ballast.
Good point, and we need to remember that the light material bucket is mostly bigger because it is longer, and thus the weight is farther out from the tractor, and that means even more leverage against whatever ballast you have on the rear.. Rear blades work well for their weight because they also sit well out from the 3 pt. hitch and thus have more leverage than, say, a ballast box of the same weight..