Anyone Using "grass" or "Y" blades on a Betstco Flail? efgc155 model.

/ Anyone Using "grass" or "Y" blades on a Betstco Flail? efgc155 model. #1  

wirlybird

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 3038 E, John Deere 3032E, John Deere 756, John Deere X585, John Deere 332
Wondering if anyone got the "Y" blades for their Betstco flail. I have the efgc155 and cutting field grass with new hammers basically sucks! See my other post about it.
The old Ford 917 I redid recently which is using stock rough cut side slicers does a far superior job to my new Betstco with new hammers.

I am considering changing the flail to some type of side slicer or grass blade. However, I don't know what the Betstco "Y" blade looks like. Betstco wants big bucks for these blades also.

I am hoping there is an affordable option for a "grass" blade for the efgc155.

/ Anyone Using "grass" or "Y" blades on a Betstco Flail? efgc155 model.
Ok, so Betstco wants $6.50 a blade for the "Y" blades. 48 blades and that makes them more expensive than the hammers!
Add shipping and you are at $7.50 a blade.
I don't think I can justify that cost just to test my flail to see if it cuts better than with hammers.
I made another post about how this flail was leaving uncut strips which we determined are likely where the tires roll.

My JD 25A and the Ford 917 I rebuilt don't have this issue. Did side by side tests and the Betstco failed big time.

/ Anyone Using "grass" or "Y" blades on a Betstco Flail? efgc155 model. #3  
Have you checked out the Flailmaster catalog to see if you can make a different knife work? I have to believe you could come up with something that beats $6.50 per blade...

/ Anyone Using "grass" or "Y" blades on a Betstco Flail? efgc155 model.
Have you checked out the Flailmaster catalog to see if you can make a different knife work? I have to believe you could come up with something that beats $6.50 per blade...
I'm in contact with my favorite person at Flai-Master. They are looking to see if they can source a "Y" style flail for the Betstco but she said in the past they have had a hard time getting blades that are good for a Betstco.
We'll see if they come up with something.