Apple fire

/ Apple fire #1  

orezok

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
Smoke from the Apple Fire down towards LA has the sky orange and the air looks like fog. It is blowing all the way to Arizona. Up to 15,000 acres now with almost no containment.

/ Apple fire #2  
Prayers for those affected by the fire, and safety for the firefighters.

/ Apple fire #3  
We could see the smoke yesterday and it looked a lot closer than it is, can't see any smoke today. I read that they are investigating it as arson,people are stupid.

/ Apple fire #4  
I would think that apples have way too much water in them to go on fire!. how could this happen?.

/ Apple fire #5  
Why are they calling it apple fire?

/ Apple fire #8  
Usually the first crew on site gets to name the fire. Often they're named after a nearby feature on the map.

This one's near an area with a bunch of apple orchards that's kind of a tourist area too (as many orchards do these days to get by). I've been there before, it's a pretty little mountain area where you would not expect it. From the fire maps I can find it looks like the fire has so far spared the orchards and moved off to the east into national forest. Hopefully everyone is safe.

/ Apple fire #9  
And here I thought there was a risk that the new iPhone model would be delayed! :eek: :D. In all seriousness, yes prayers for all those involved. A good friend of mine flies firefighting aircraft and fire recon missions at night. Not an easy job.