AR 15

/ AR 15 #221  
TV is highly over-rated. Get the gun..
Where's the thumbs up? :) Set the aspect ratio smaller.

Build it yourself. Buy it a piece at a time. Lower receiver $139 ish. Upper 79 bucks. In a piece here a piece there and in a year you have the whole thing.
This is how my son got his. He watched for sales and discounts on blemished parts. He built exactly what he wanted for a good price.

/ AR 15
Once we get through the holidays, I'll revisit this and maybe look into building one myself. Way back when computers first started becoming popular, that's what I did all the time to get what I wanted. I spent more time researching hard drives, mother boards and memory, plus different types of cards and what not then I did doing anything else on the silly thing. It was more of a game with friends in finding the best deal for the best parts then anything else. Guess I did the same thing back in high school with my jeep. Now I hate modifying things or building stuff that I can just buy already done and ready to use. An AR sounds like a simple build, but if I do that, I'll spend a silly amount of hours researching every component of it, over thinking it, spending more for what I figure is the best, and in the end, probably not coming up with anything better then I could have bought off the shelf for a little more money.

/ AR 15 #224  
I believe this to be an excellent step by step tutorial how to build an AR 15 from bare lower to bare upper, including the tools you will need and how to check headspace. This includes putting on the gas block, barrel nut and gas tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8sY5CQmlHI