Are any Kubota Quick Coupler BH Buckets Inerchangeable??

/ Are any Kubota Quick Coupler BH Buckets Inerchangeable?? #1  

BandDcabinet

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M59, B3030, B7100
Wondering if anyone knows if buckets from say an L48 or L39 or M59 or perhaps any of the excavator buckets will fit on the M59? If not it seems like an awful lot of different buckets that they have to make to avoid allowing this convenience. I realize size of the hoe would be an issue but some of these are reasonible close.

/ Are any Kubota Quick Coupler BH Buckets Inerchangeable?? #2  
I do believe the KX121-3 and L48 QA are the same. The sad thing is I have both and don't have the QA on my L48s, but do on the KX. I personally see no need for anything smaller than a 24" toothed bucket and I love my 36" grading bucket for the KX. They have a flail mower on the M59 BH in the brochure....cool!

/ Are any Kubota Quick Coupler BH Buckets Inerchangeable??
Thank you for the information. I have a chance to buy a used L48 bucket. It's 1.5 hours away. I was hoping to findout if the pin sizes, spacing etc. was the same as the M59 without driving there.

I thought perhaps one of the dealers that frequents this forum might know.

/ Are any Kubota Quick Coupler BH Buckets Inerchangeable?? #4  
I see you live in western MA...I live in southern NH.....we could get a bunch of buckets and share!! I recommend drawing the M59 template pattern and hole spacing on some paper when you go get it to make sure it is what you need and not get home to find out it doesn't fit. I move a lot of brush with my L48s by picking up huge piles and driving to the final destination...poor mans skidder but the most effective way to move large amounts. I would like a brush rake for the BH to maybe increase capacity. I have an extra wide custom hyd. thumb which makes a huge difference with the BH, try Addington equipment if you want to see the possibilities.

/ Are any Kubota Quick Coupler BH Buckets Inerchangeable?? #5  
The M59 can be equiped with two different quick coupers, the KMA coupler which uses the orange buckets will not fit with the L48 buckets. The L48 coupler is the same as some of the small excavators and also could be used on the M59 to be backward compatible with the gray buckets. Its kinda a mess keeping track of all this.

/ Are any Kubota Quick Coupler BH Buckets Inerchangeable??
I appreciate the information. I take it KMA is Kubota Manufacturing of America. The use of a unique design on the M59 which is a relatively new design is puzzling. It would only seem to make since if they had a problem with older designs. I would think dealers would also be better served from a stocking point of view. They would be able to stock common buckets. Owners having the ability to utilize a standard quick connect certainly would be more attractive.

What about at the pin on level, if you have pin on buckets can they be interchanged? Will any of the pin on excavator buckets fit an M59?

Your willingness to act as a dealer level source of information is appreciated and hopefully appreciated by Kubota.

/ Are any Kubota Quick Coupler BH Buckets Inerchangeable?? #7  
The change was because they are doing less outsourcing of buckets and couplers and are moving them in house. WerkBrau build all of them in the past. We had some options for transition on the M59. I can't say for sure, but I think the pin sizing would have to be the same as the L48 since i know the coupler is cross compatible. So the pin on buckets should be compatible for sure.