Are eMax owners happy with their tractors?

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #1  

9stringbean

Tractor
John Deere 430
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and website, so forgive me if do anything I am not supposed to.

My father has been looking at purchasing a Mahindra eMax 25 tractor with a MMM and a front loader. Since the eMax series is new I was just curious to getting input from any current eMax owners as to how they like their tractors? I have been the one researching the Max and eMax series machines (online) looking for the differences in the machines and the best machine for my dad (I may use the machine some too). I have been quite impressed with the specs. of the Max 22, 25 and 28, but the eMax tractors seems to be the best fit for his budget (that is unless the extra money spent makes a BIG difference in the machine you get). Any info would be helpful gentlemen and ladies. Thank you for your time. :)

9stringbean

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #2  
Hi I have the 25 max and love it. JD country around here and it has impressed quite a few of them. Well built and tough as nails

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #3  
I just bought a Max 28 about 3 weeks ago and love it. Was a orange man before this. I must say for the price you can not beat Mahindra. Sure it didn't have as many bells and whistles as the orange or green tractors in my opinion, buts lets face it I for one do "work" with my tractor. If I wanted a lounge chair and drink holder I would sit in my recliner in the A/C. I primarily use mine for mowing and was torn between the MMM or getting a finishing mower. I went with the finishing mower because I was afraid on the occasions I do take my tractor in the woods for some heavy work that I would damage the mower deck and I didn't want the pain of removing the deck. The more I mow with it the more I wish I would have gotten the mower deck. Also look at the 28. A little more power and a larger capacity loader for not much more money. The tires are a little larger than the 25 but other than that the tractors are pretty much the same.

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #4  
So far my eMax 22 has been great. Not a lot of hours yet but have moved a fair amount of dirt (actually, well composted llama manure that's rich and black) on to a garden area, scraped the driveway and used the FEL like a "diesel powered wheel barrow". Just got a Maschio 5' finish mower and got it hooked up last night and mowed some lawn areas. It's a joy to run compared to the 9N/8N. With the FEL it's not as manuverable as my riding mowers, but intend to just use this mower on pasture grooming. Couldn't beat the price and the financing on the tractor and the dealer was great. I'm constantly amazed at how well built the tractor and loader are. Lots of steel, good welds, heavy connections. To my eyes some of it looks almost a bit funny, like a kid with a cowboy hat too big for his head, big solid components on a small size frame. But I do appreciate the heavy build and the quality I'm seeing on it. For example the drawbar is thicker and heavier than the Class III towing ball mount on my truck.

I did finally get a chance to see the LS J2023H at the local dealer (in some earlier posts I was looking at that and the Mahindra but the dealer didn't have one on the lot). It looks so much like the Mahindra that I think if you painted it red you'd be almost there.... controls in the same places, exact same loader control, in fact the loader frame and quick mount looks to be very much the same, heavy hitch components, etc. Maybe should not be surprised since they are both made in Korea, wouldn't suprise me if they came out of the same factory.

Last edited:
   / Are eMax owners happy with their tractors?
Thanks for the comments guys.

Hey whizdbiz, it seems probable that the eMax tractors and the LS J2023H tractors came out of the same factory. The eMax tractors are built by TYM also known as Tong Yang Moolsan tractors located in South Korea. You may already know that though. I'm glad to hear that your tractor is performing well for you. My dad actually purchased the eMax 25. It was delivered earlier this afternoon. He has the loader and the MMM, but he is also going to get a 4 foot box scrapper. He hasn't used it yet, but he is anxious to get to work with it.

Anymore information is welcome by anyone. :)

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #6  
While I'm happy with my emax 25 hst I've had a pretty significant failure at 20hrs. The four wheel drive has gone out. After climbing underneath and pulling on the front drive shaft I felt a good 1/2" of lateral play. I removed the shaft and found the circlip had come off of the inner shaft of the telescopic assembly. This allowed the floating pins to come out and the driveshaft to fail. Unfortunately the shaft is not serviceable and will need to be replaced. My dealer was very apologetic and has ordered me new shaft, but I haven't heard anything in the last week. The good thing is at least since I figured this out myself I'm left with a 2 wheel drive tractor and I didn't have to spend anything on hauling to the dealer. I'd guess that the clip was never fully seated on the shaft since it failed after only 20 hours.

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors?
Wow! I'm sorry to hear that Mattt2778. I hope this doesn't happen to you again after your tractor gets fixed. I'll have to keep an eye out for this on our machine. Thanks for the information.

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #8  
Im very happy with mine except the 3 point hitch sway/stabilizer it bent when it came loose pulling a back blade because I did not tighten the lock nut enough I have seen other stabilizers that are pinned in place where mine is a turnbuckle other than that its a tank

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #9  
Are there any emax tractor owners in the usa like me who purchased a snow plow, like me, I would like to hear from you robery harry

/ Are eMax owners happy with their tractors? #10  
Very happy. Nice fit and finish. Just as nice as any of the other brands