Are New Bx23s still unobtainum?

/ Are New Bx23s still unobtainum? #1  

Chevca

Tractor
Searching
Tried sending a message to a local dealer asking for a quote, got nothing but silence. Are these things still impossible to get?

/ Are New Bx23s still unobtainum? #2  
We seem to get 2-3 in about every month. The guys PDI'd 2 this week. I suspect they are ordered as retail. Not much of anything is coming in ordered for stock.

/ Are New Bx23s still unobtainum? #3  
Tried sending a message to a local dealer asking for a quote, got nothing but silence. Are these things still impossible to get?
Dealer near my work (western WI) has one on the lot, the first I've seen in a long while. The lot has been mostly empty.

/ Are New Bx23s still unobtainum? #4  
Dealer near me in Western NY had one on the lot last week and they have had them off and on all year.

/ Are New Bx23s still unobtainum? #5  
It's hit and miss on tractor deliveries. Trying to get a hard quote may be very difficult as anything that comes in gets snapped up in a hurry without much give by the dealership. I started trying to buy a cut in December; following several brands and dealerships I could settle for. I would visit the dealerships every few weeks, call, and generally stay on top of them looking for a call back. Driving by the NH dealership I ran across a "close enough" model that I pounced on in July. Not exactly what I was looking for, more bells and whistles, but close enough.

/ Are New Bx23s still unobtainum?
Well, I think I may have found one, but have a couple of other questions because it will take a while before it will be ready and I need to explain why I think that might be the case.

So when went there the machine I ran, ran perfectly fine and all, but I did notice that the boom on the backhoe had an issue with the cylinder mounting ears or flanges. Educated guess or the best way I can describe it is it look to me like maybe during assembly whoever was installing the pins had them on an angle and they somehow were able to force them in place. As a result, they went through the cylinder eyelet which won't give, but the welded plates yielded and splayed out like a V.

The dealer said the delay was because his shop was backed up and wouldn't be able to install things like the 3rd function kit. But what I suspect is because everything is impossible to get he actually needs to order another boom which is perfectly fine and fix this one. I'm okay with them fixing the machine as long as it's done correctly which I don't see why not as it's Kubota's money and not my own, they could replace the whole backhoe for all I care.

But my question is and it is because I genuinely don't know how these things get assembled, if the boom was messed up should I be looking for anything else anywhere else on the machine? Asking this specific question because when I was at the dealer I noticed another backhoe BT603 in a crate and not sure if that might mean it comes from somewhere other than where the tractor does? As in another factory, line somewhere else in the plant?

Also based on my past experience this could be nothing to everything is wrong or something in between, I don't know Kubota history well enough.

I realize I could be overthinking this, but the purpose of this machine is to solve problems not create new ones so just thought I would ask the question?

/ Are New Bx23s still unobtainum? #7  
Covid has messed up manufacturing, deliveries, shipping etc. for quite awhile.
My Kubota Dealer is excellent - my BX23S is awesome.
Stock here is limited also

/ Are New Bx23s still unobtainum? #8  
I would just move away from that machine you think appears to have damage, and just order a new BX23sTLB for your very own. You are guaranteed a quality product direct from the factory, built for you with your name on the order during assembly, you can go through Kubota Finance Corporation if required and wait times are about 90 days. Because your name is on it, your dealer can track it from assembly to final shipping, and provide accurate delivery updates.

/ Are New Bx23s still unobtainum? #9  
In metro Wash DC as of today, there is a BX23 just arrived at the Culpepper VA dealer and also one at the Gaithersburg MD dealer. Both called me on it but I decided to go larger. There is also a JD 1025R with Backhoe brand new at the Princeton WV dealer (you can see it at Facebook Marketplace). $ 23K for any of them.

/ Are New Bx23s still unobtainum? #10  
Was at Barlows in Somerset, Ky yesterday getting a part and Steve Barlow said he has BXs in stock but short on other inventory as he left the building to go bushhog. Saw a BX23 in his showroom ready to sell.