Are there any other good forums around that you know of

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Are there any other good forums around that you know of #1  

tractortroof

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota b2650
List some of your favorites and why. Does the forum allow speech fairly liberally? They close too many of the good threads around here.

/ Are there any other good forums around that you know of #2  
Hard to tell what type of forum you might be interested in. I belong to the Corvette forum because I own a Corvette. It's a good forum and the moderation is not too heavy handed. They have "Off Topic" and "Politics and Religion" sections that are pretty much wide open, compared to TBN anyway. several members there don't own Corvettes.

Nothing wrong with TBN in my opinion. The owner gets to decide how it is moderated and what they'll put up with. I don't post here a lot anymore, seems to be too much griping to suit me.

/ Are there any other good forums around that you know of #3  
List some of your favorites and why. Does the forum allow speech fairly liberally? They close too many of the good threads around here.
If you want to discuss politics or covid there is Top News Talk: TopNewsTalk
There used to be a politics forum on here and that was the only place where political discussion was supposed to happen, but there was spillover into other threads so TNT was set up for that.
Two things to remember:
1. If you quote a post that has politics in it, your post is likely to be removed even if your comment has nothing to do with politics.
2. If there are too many posts to remove the political posts and have the thread made sense, the whole thread may just be locked.

Aaron Z

/ Are there any other good forums around that you know of #4  
Forums have been loosing a lot of ground to FB groups. I can't figure out FB so I hang onto the remaining forums. Google whatever topic you're interested in and the larger forums will pop up. I think TBN and OTT are kind of the last of the big tractor forums? I'm on a few hay forums that get less than 20 posts a day.

/ Are there any other good forums around that you know of #5  
They close too many of the good threads around here.
The explanation for this is rather simple.

1. Someone who does not have the integrity to abide by the rules they agreed to when they joined makes a post containing a topic that is not allowed.
2. People reply to it and quote the aforementioned post.
3. Others reply and quote one, or more, of the previous posts.
4. The moderators are notified.
5. If there are multiple cycles of Steps 2 and 3, it is time consuming, if not impossible, to clean up the thread. Cleaning up the thread usually involves deleting the initial rules violating post, editing every post which quotes it, cleaning up responses to the initial post, and the posts which quote the responses. See how this can be time consuming?

Therefore, the choice is to leave the thread open, and perpetuate the the mess or close the thread. That's why and how 'good threads' can be closed around here.

What can the honorable TBN members do?

Do not reply to the initial thread, simply report it.

/ Are there any other good forums around that you know of #6  
Forums have been loosing a lot of ground to FB groups. I can't figure out FB so I hang onto the remaining forums. Google whatever topic you're interested in and the larger forums will pop up. I think TBN and OTT are kind of the last of the big tractor forums? I'm on a few hay forums that get less than 20 posts a day.
Before he disappeared, Chucke2009 gave a good report on FB Groups.
I couldn't figure them out either.

/ Are there any other good forums around that you know of #7  
The explanation for this is rather simple.

1. Someone who does not have the integrity to abide by the rules they agreed to when they joined makes a post containing a topic that is not allowed.
2. People reply to it and quote the aforementioned post.
3. Others reply and quote one, or more, of the previous posts.
4. The moderators are notified.
5. If there are multiple cycles of Steps 2 and 3, it is time consuming, if not impossible, to clean up the thread. Cleaning up the thread usually involves deleting the initial rules violating post, editing every post which quotes it, cleaning up responses to the initial post, and the posts which quote the responses. See how this can be time consuming?

Therefore, the choice is to leave the thread open, and perpetuate the the mess or close the thread. That's why and how 'good threads' can be closed around here.

What can the honorable TBN members do?

Do not reply to the initial thread, simply report it.
Sounds exactly why the OP is looking for new opportunities, some folks actually want to discuss and learn about things the rules here don't facilitate.

/ Are there any other good forums around that you know of #8  
Sounds exactly why the OP is looking for new opportunities, some folks actually want to discuss and learn about things the rules here don't facilitate.
Since the rules have not changed in years (decades?), makes me wonder why the OP, or anyone else who wants 'new opportunities', joined TBN in the first place.

/ Are there any other good forums around that you know of #9  
Since the rules have not changed in years (decades?), makes me wonder why the OP, or anyone else who wants 'new opportunities', joined TBN in the first place.
Maybe take a look at some of the many current threads on the topic including the poll up by Muhammed.

/ Are there any other good forums around that you know of #10  
Maybe take a look at some of the many current threads on the topic including the poll up by Muhammed.
Are you referring to the poll where Muhammad asked whether the community should make the rules and 86.9% voted No, the thread where people described TNT, where there are no rules, as 'a cesspool'?

Status
Not open for further replies.