Buying Advice Are there still deals to be had?

/ Are there still deals to be had? #11  
I ordered a 2301( same capacities as 2601) in early December. Dealer had to bring tractor from another dealer, then it was supply of the FEL.
Took 3 weeks total, but took delivery before EOY for the 0% at 84 months. Dealer basically gave me 5% and off and that was a tough negotiation. No other dealer around would move off the msrp and factory rebates.

/ Are there still deals to be had?
Good luck with your purchase. Looking at your profile, I see you have ZT already. Since I don't know what your intended use is, it's hard to put forth feedback, but my $0.02 as far as I can tell is buying a BX will be the equivalent of you buying a second lawnmower. I'm not one to criticize anyone's judgement; to each is own., but it sounds to me like you have intended uses for the larger machine and the BX is likely not going to deliver. If you haven't come across this thread yet, I need not say more.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-buying-pricing/433405-bx-b-6.html#post5909131

Thanks. I did see that. I have ruled the BX units out. I have 10 acres, split into 2 acres for our house and 8 as pasture. Cattle take care of the 8 acres. In the years I have had the property, I have had to bush hog it twice after the cattle owner fertilized it and the cattle couldn't keep up with the growth. Therefore, it is possible I would need to bush hog- not very often though. The zero turn allows me to cover the other 2 acres efficiently.

So, basically odd jobs around the property are the main purpose, and when/if I start a hobby farm, chores associated with that. I could also groom a small dirt road that isn't very long. The A/C appeals to me for the brutal Florida summer, and also being able to work in light rain. I am also looking at the LX2610 now, also with a cab.

/ Are there still deals to be had?
I ordered a 2301( same capacities as 2601) in early December. Dealer had to bring tractor from another dealer, then it was supply of the FEL.
Took 3 weeks total, but took delivery before EOY for the 0% at 84 months. Dealer basically gave me 5% and off and that was a tough negotiation. No other dealer around would move off the msrp and factory rebates.

The local Kubota dealer had a few 2301's. He mentioned that buckets are scarce, however he had them. He didn't seem as standoffish as the Deere dealer up the road from him when it came to talking about price. That said, another Deere dealer (the one I got my zero turn from) quoted an excellent price.

Last edited:
  • Good Post
Reactions: G31
   / Are there still deals to be had? #14  
If money is driving factor the lx2610 is a great tractor, but if you have the budget go bigger. The reason the lx are so nice is you can still put a mmm on it. If you don't need it to mow and only brush hog you are better off going to l3660 or bigger. The grand l is just a few thousand more than the lx and is a bigger frame and more weight. In tractors weight is your friend. I have a lx3360 currently and have owned bigger grandL s. Tractors are just like boats. In boats we get two foot itis. In tractors you get a few more horsepower itis. Some here will tell you don't go too big but I am of the opposite mind. Get a big enough tractor to do everything you need plus a little more and you will have that tractor for a lifetime.

/ Are there still deals to be had? #15  
I got about 8% off MSRP without haggling on a 4060. I did negotiate a bit higher trade value.

/ Are there still deals to be had? #16  
Sellers market. Especially Kubota, Kioti and Massey. Dealers simply still can't get the smaller framed, under 40hp consumer level product from the international supply chains / offshore manufacturing as of late 2020 at least... Tractors that came in disappeared in days and dealers said "February maybe" for next shipments so you're competing with everyone else who is checking back now... And good luck finding heavier, quality, most popular implements in 5' sizes for 3point... Cheap import stuff is still plentiful, but often painted and priced as if it were good stuff. Buyer beware!

Deere supply chain and US manufacturing is winning here as the chain overall is somewhat better, but again quality product is scarce... especially large frame R-series and the typical starter set of 5' implements (box blades, PTO equipment). 4 months after buying my pre-COVID, barely used Deere private sale, I still feel like I won the lottery. "Deals" are not going to come back until COVID's been tamed and/or when the equipment demand cools off from other forces (economic downturn and/or inflation, the latter of which IS really starting to bite us in all facets of equipment, construction and other durable goods). Late fall this year at best?