Are tractors and equipment a good investment right now?

/ Are tractors and equipment a good investment right now? #131  
whats the go with challenger these day, were they not once Cats agri offerings? are Case still aligned with NH?? Dont fendt pretty much use Deutz/SDF engines? the alliances are sure hard to keep up with.
Don't look now, but BIG BUD is BACK with a new model !
The outsourcer to stomp them all...
A 70,000 lb field tractor. Driven by a Cat C-18 @ 750 HP... and 18 speed tranny. *

*not available with lawn mowing attachment

/ Are tractors and equipment a good investment right now? #132  
makes way
Don't look now, but BIG BUD is BACK with a new model !
The outsourcer to stomp them all...
A 70,000 lb field tractor. Driven by a Cat C-18 @ 750 HP... and 18 speed tranny. *

*not available with lawn mowing attachment
to much sense to produce a machine that is supported by readily available bits?

/ Are tractors and equipment a good investment right now? #133  
My tractor is a back saver, not an investment for financial gain. Although they have probably "saved" me monies over the years.

That said, I am writing off depreciation as you read this. LOL.
Yup.
Three back surgeries convinced me that my brain would keep getting my brawn in danger. Sure I could lift the 100lbs but a slight twist to avoid something and I'd strain the back.
My first back injury was because I lifted an old style HP 22" CRT monitor to swing it about 5 feet. One of my air-head female coworkers stepped directly in my way and I had to suddenly adjust. I could feel the back muscles tear.

With the tractor and backhoe I could continue digging ditches etc.

/ Are tractors and equipment a good investment right now? #134  
whats the go with challenger these day, were they not once Cats agri offerings? are Case still aligned with NH?? Dont fendt pretty much use Deutz/SDF engines? the alliances are sure hard to keep up with.
Challenger is done. They rolled their last units off the line about a year ago.
CAT was in the Ag market with their CAT tracked Ag tractors way back 40 years ago, then started building typical rubber-tire Ag tractors in the late 90’s. That division was sold to AGCO shortly after in the early 2000’s.
Case and New Holland merged into CHN. They are basically the same tractors painted different colors with some other slight variations (New Holland has “super steer” for example).
Fendt is an AGCO company like Massey Ferguson and uses both Deutz and MAN engines. They are AGCO’s high-end tractor.
Just to add a bit more confusion, AGCO produced a line of tractors branded “AGCO” as a continuation of the old Allis Chalmers tractor lineup, but they were discontinued in ~2010

Last edited:
   / Are tractors and equipment a good investment right now? #135  
Challenger is done. They rolled their last units off the line about a year ago.
CAT was in the Ag market with their CAT tracked Ag tractors, then started building typical rubber-tire Ag tractors in the late 90’s. That division was sold to AGCO shortly after in the early 2000’s.
Case and New Holland merged into CHN. They are basically the same tractors painted different colors with some other slight variations (New Holland has “super steer” for example).
Fendt is an AGCO company like Massey Ferguson and uses both Deutz and MAN engines. They are AGCO’s high-end tractor.
Just to add a bit more confusion, AGCO produced a line of tractors branded “AGCO” as a continuation of the old Allis Chalmers tractor lineup.
Meanwhile deutz-fahr has been spun of from the engines division ( KHD) is a part of the SDF group which also carries SAME, Lamborghini, and Huerlimann ( although in reality you get the same tractor either painted green, silver, red or khaki!) . SDF are also still 8 percent owned by Deutz AG however it appears Volvo now owns 25%. so maybe i better get myself a bowling hat to wear while i operate our agrotron??

With countless compact tractor models contracted out to the likes of daedong ( new holland boomer) , JD (Yanmar) aslo , etc
its hard to know what brand your operating under the paint these days indeed.

Last edited:
   / Are tractors and equipment a good investment right now? #136  
Deutz is making quite a push in the States to become relevant. I hope they succeed.

MAN seems to be the preferred diesel engine in the Fendts over Deutz.

IMO, MAN is the finest diesel engine manufacturer in the world.

/ Are tractors and equipment a good investment right now? #137  
Deutz is making quite a push in the States to become relevant. I hope they succeed.

MAN seems to be the preferred diesel engine in the Fendts over Deutz.

IMO, MAN is the finest diesel engine manufacturer in the world.
The marketing and distribution of Deutz (SDF) stateside has been taken over by a New Zealand based distributor (PFG) who have had the SDF/Deutz rights in Ociania along with a lot of implement brands such as Howard, VIcon, Quicke, Kneveland for a while now. they even promote Kioti in Ociania as well however I believe Kioti in the US is still their own stand alone distributor.

Our Agrotron is a ripper,

1705702623196.png

regarding MAN, their trucks are getting really popular on aussie roads now.

Last edited:
   / Are tractors and equipment a good investment right now? #138  
Cute little bugger…. (y)

IMO, we’d all do better with some more “European influence” in our tractors.
Heavier & generally higher quality than Asian stuff.

Last edited:
   / Are tractors and equipment a good investment right now? #139  
PFG: Power Farming Group. Started in 1948. Currently on the 3rd generation family owners.
The tractors are solid and durable. Boss has 2, 7yr (200hp) and 15yr(165hp) old and impressively buzz and rattle free.
Just check the operators manuel has been Americanised as the different terminology in different markets is frustrating. We (New Zealand) get the european manual,as NZ market is too small to get a kiwi speak translation. Can be frustrating.

/ Are tractors and equipment a good investment right now? #140  
PFG: Power Farming Group. Started in 1948. Currently on the 3rd generation family owners.
The tractors are solid and durable. Boss has 2, 7yr (200hp) and 15yr(165hp) old and impressively buzz and rattle free.
Just check the operators manuel has been Americanised as the different terminology in different markets is frustrating. We (New Zealand) get the european manual,as NZ market is too small to get a kiwi speak translation. Can be frustrating.
yea must be time consuming translating all the passages of "fish and chips" in the manual and replacing with "fush and chups" ???

;)

and those damn yankees calling slashers, brush hogs and grease nipples, zerks, worse than my wife from the UK calling a vacuum cleaner a hoover and a singlet a vest!!