Are we in the USA really this far behind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Are we in the USA really this far behind? #21  
I'd like to have one (without all the glass) for working in the woods. Lots of hydraulics and the bi directional thing👍.

/ Are we in the USA really this far behind? #22  
No one said otherwise. Specially considering that the common American completely misses the point and use of this style of tractors. They're called specialized tractors for a reason, to fit specific types of farms and ground. No, it's not a conventional tractor used as a glorified snow pusher or lawn mower.

As far as being advanced, well, these come with front and rear diff locks as standard, multiple PTO speeds, a PTO speed specific to power trailers, optional 3 pt down pressure, reversible platform, front 3 pt hitch and more stuff.

The Hurlimann 435 Prince in the barn has all those features but the swivel platform and front 3 pt. A 3pt out front would be in the way of the loader anyway. It is sold as an "orchard tractor", so "Special". It does make a handy chore tractor though ;-) A bit on the light side.

/ Are we in the USA really this far behind? #23  
As far as being advanced, well, these come with front and rear diff locks as standard, multiple PTO speeds, a PTO speed specific to power trailers, optional 3 pt down pressure, reversible platform, front 3 pt hitch and more stuff.
None of the above are in the least bit innovative. So while they are adapted to a specific need, they aren't any more advanced than a Kubota or a John Deere.

/ Are we in the USA really this far behind? #24  
The Hurlimann 435 Prince in the barn has all those features but the swivel platform and front 3 pt. A 3pt out front would be in the way of the loader anyway. It is sold as an "orchard tractor", so "Special". It does make a handy chore tractor though ;-) A bit on the light side.
Not necessarily. The arms fold up and out of the way when not in use.

My tractor is also sold as Orchard tractor because it has a Mid mounted ROPS and a narrow front axle and stance, but technically it's not a true orchard tractor.

/ Are we in the USA really this far behind? #25  
They seem to have much easier to use 3 point hookups over there, hopefully we will be getting those improvements over here soon.

/ Are we in the USA really this far behind? #26  
None of the above are in the least bit innovative. So while they are adapted to a specific need, they aren't any more advanced than a Kubota or a John Deere.

I agree,, PLUS,, John Deere imported these articulated tractors probably 30 or 40 years ago,,
I guess no one was interested in them,, because, as far as I know, the importing stopped..

It was a cute looking thing, the tractor was basically unchanged, but, it had a John Deere shaped hood installed,,
and OF COURSE,, the color was changed to JD green and yellow,,, and JD decals.

Maybe they still sell them to the vineyards??

/ Are we in the USA really this far behind? #27  
I'd like to have one (without all the glass) for working in the woods. Lots of hydraulics and the bi directional thing👍.
So a small high tech skidder would do the trick

/ Are we in the USA really this far behind? #28  
I did notice the extensive use of hydraulics, and most tractors in that video had between 6 to 10 hydraulic connections in the rear, and another 4 hydraulic connections in the front. Perhaps most of the attachments for these specialized tractors are run off the hydraulics, and not the mechanical PTO shaft.

/ Are we in the USA really this far behind? #29  
I agree,, PLUS,, John Deere imported these articulated tractors probably 30 or 40 years ago,,
I guess no one was interested in them,, because, as far as I know, the importing stopped..

It was a cute looking thing, the tractor was basically unchanged, but, it had a John Deere shaped hood installed,,
and OF COURSE,, the color was changed to JD green and yellow,,, and JD decals.

Maybe they still sell them to the vineyards??
Yes, John Deere had Goldoni make all of their specialized tractors up till 2007, if I recall correctly.

That line sold really well here and had good support by Goldoni, however, Goldoni had some rough times and went bankrupt. John Deere now offers little to no support at all for those specialized lines of tractors, they don't even list those models on the parts catalog.

/ Are we in the USA really this far behind? #30  
I know (y). It would be like a mini log skidder that could crawl through the woods anywhere the firewood is. I'll take mine with a front mounted mower/rotary cutter, snowblower and put my tiller on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.