to cool off and put the trailer in the water to launch their
boat and being hot the vent hole in the axle will suck water
in and bingo bearings shot!

If the tractor is in a wooden crate just check for the water level
and you can judge what part of the tractor was in water so you
have an idea if you want one!

willy

/ Are You A Gambler? #52  
I was wrong about the machine coming to dealer dry. It had coolant, hydralic, and engine oil, which I had assumed was added as final assembly. That means, even if it does get water, its nor just sitting in a case made out of mild steel (or cast iron) for months, rusting everything together.

/ Are You A Gambler? #53  
Iron Planet auction has about 20 brand new Kubotas being auctioned off. All listed as "sustained flood damage March 10". They are all still in their crates. No ideas of high the water got on them or what.
Would you take a chance?
That would be a fool's bet. You'd be in for a long list of problems that extend over a long period of time, i.e. forever. Run, don't walk, away from that offer.

/ Are You A Gambler?
What happened to my post from yesterday?

IronPlanet had up for auction the frontend loaders for these last week I believe, the one I looked at had a bid of $1,700.

/ Are You A Gambler? #55  
Iron Planet auction has about 20 brand new Kubotas being auctioned off. All listed as "sustained flood damage March 10". They are all still in their crates. No ideas of high the water got on them or what.
Would you take a chance?

I am not much of a gambler but I will make a bet.

I bet others would be willing to take a gamble and offer more money for one than I would.

If it was an old tractor, before they relied so heavily on electronics it would be one thing, a new tractor today. That’s very risky since those are already often the weak link, even if never submerged.

/ Are You A Gambler? #56  
The guy on the video said he paid 15k for his. No way I'd chance that 15k on one unless I was able to preinspection it before bidding and he mentioned that no one was able to do that either. Just a bid and GOOD LUCK.

/ Are You A Gambler? #57  
$15k + 2-3k for freight + 10k for loader and tires/wheels = about $27k for a questionable machine with no warranty.
Considering I can buy all day long in my area L2501 with loader with 100hours for $18k. No thanks.

/ Are You A Gambler? #59  
I bumped into this video today. I assume it was one of the flooded tractors.

In the case of the guy making the video, he seemed to get lucky that the water came up to just over the battery, and the bottom of the air cleaner. The engine remained dry. And the electronics seemed to be OK. He did get some water into the transmission.

Ultimately he got lucky with the tractor, and it started up and ran (with a slight stuck starter motor).

/ Are You A Gambler?
That's on post #47.