Are you "brand" person when it comes to your tractor?

/ Are you "brand" person when it comes to your tractor? #21  
I’m quite loyal to Deere myself, and it’s all I’ve ever owned. That being said, I’m in the market for another tractor and I’m considering all the options. When I find a nice used machine that meets my criteria, I’ll buy it, regardless of whether or not it’s a Deere.

/ Are you "brand" person when it comes to your tractor? #22  
My decision to buy orange was made out the the ability to gets parts within a reasonable distance from my home. I would have more seriously considered other brands if the local dealers had a better parts availability. That being said the green dealer that had a few stores and no parts stock was bought out by a large dealer network and now all of a sudden green parts and service are available and I see more green equipment being used

/ Are you "brand" person when it comes to your tractor? #23  
I've got a number of different colors so no I am not a "brand person".

/ Are you "brand" person when it comes to your tractor? #24  
I own a mahindra, but I wouldn't buy another more than likely and wouldn't recommend them.

But I would also avoid john Deere due to the right to repair and business ethics lawsuits going in with them

I'd probably look for a case if I was to buy another one

/ Are you "brand" person when it comes to your tractor? #25  
I’m loyal to my wallet, and will go with whatever leaves that the fattest in the long run.

/ Are you "brand" person when it comes to your tractor? #27  
So we are looking to move up to a larger tractor. I love my 1700 but I could have really used either a loader or more power in the last year or so. When discussing it with someone, I mentioned looking at this '97 JD 5300 for sale near us. It meets all our criteria (4x4, loader, hp, etc). And she said to me, "so you want to be a John Deere man?" It seemed like a weird question to me. Are most tractor owners extremely brand loyal?
I think she was just egging you on... kidding, maybe even flirting ... :)

I have a John Deere lawn tractor, a Jacobsen garden tractor, an Arctic Cat ATV, and a Kubota tractor-loader-backhoe. I'm an opportunistic hobby farmer with specific needs and preferences, but I don't have enough invested (time, $$$) to say that I am brand loyal. I bought the Kubota from a dealership NEW (after a lot of research), everything else I found used, private sales. I would say that I am Dealership loyal - they've been good to me. If they had used equipment that I was interested in, it wouldn't matter the brand, I trust their opinion for my limits and application. I have a lot of family / friends / connections in the tractor business - numerous brands. That said, if I were to buy another tractor, I tend to shop local / as local as is reasonable, and I would first look at Kubota, then JD, then other brands.

I'm perhaps a bit weird in the sense that I enjoy looking at different colors (ie. brands) on the property.

/ Are you "brand" person when it comes to your tractor? #28  
The first tractor was bought 26 years ago, without any brand loyalty or preemptions. But as a previous poster said... Deere makes it easy to be loyal. Multiple dealer support, after market parts support, and most of all, each machine has been easy to operate, easy to service, and reliable. My machines range from 1986 to 2015.

/ Are you "brand" person when it comes to your tractor? #29  
The first tractor was bought without any brand loyalty or preemptions. But as a previous poster said... Deere makes it easy to be loyal. Multiple dealer support, after market parts support, and most of all, each machine has been easy to operate, easy to service, and reliable. My machines range from 1986 to 2015.
Hence your signature?
Didn't intend to have a Deere fleet - it just happened
:D

/ Are you "brand" person when it comes to your tractor? #30  
Hence your signature?

:D
Correct... Except for the first tractor, each Deere machine was purchased used. Circumstances fell into place by chance. Perhaps I was inclined toward Deere and paid attention to Deere offerings over others. Other brands I've had didn't fare so well. As mentioned, Deere makes it easy to be Green.