Are you "brand" person when it comes to your tractor?

/ Are you "brand" person when it comes to your tractor? #31  
My tractors and mowers are green, implements from a number of manufacturers, track loader and mini-ex are white and utility vehicles are from Kubota. Dealer support was a major reason for the purchases. Green wanted way too much for the diesel RTV’s so went with Kubota and have been very happy.

/ Are you "brand" person when it comes to your tractor? #32  
I got my tractor because of the specs it has. If I had to get another I would look to them first but if the specs aren't there I'll move on to another brand that has what I want.

/ Are you "brand" person when it comes to your tractor? #33  
I have all Kubota stuff. Dealer doing the most business in our area has New Holland and Kubota. I've asked the owner to quote tractor he feels best suited to me and each time it has been Kubota. Three years after my last one (m7-171), I asked him why he hadn't quoted the New Holland equivalent. He pulled out his paperwork and showed it would have cost me $17k more.

When I purchased my first over 100 hp tractor, I also had the closest JD dealer, about 3 hours away, quote the equivalent. His quote was 25% higher. I asked why I should pay the additional. He only took shots at Kubota - they won't even do Nebraska Tests (not true), and similar stuff. I expected him to tell me features his offering had over the tractor the NH/Kubota dealer was quoting. That attitude turned me off. It wasn't that he didn't think I was a serious buyer - I was there with my cousin trucking home his new Gator along with him getting quotes for replacing a baler and his smallest JD utility tractor (100 HP class). So it wasn't like some casual buyer asking.

/ Are you "brand" person when it comes to your tractor? #34  
Although John Deere raised me, Massey Ferguson made my living. At one time JD had 6 dealers within 1/2 hour. Now the closest ONE is an hour away. JD to me is the huge gorilla in the market. There are great dealers that will work with you but they are under the gorilla for support.
Massey as all others have gone to other Manufacturers and overseas for their small tractors, I am not in favor of this but as I am told it is a world economy. I still prefer US built iron, guess that is why my stable has old US built tractors and equipment. MF 245 diesel, MF 135 diesel, MF 14, Ferguson TO35. No computers, easy to repair, reasonably priced parts, good parts availability new or used. Might not be shiny and new but they get the job done.
Have no issue with anyone purchasing what they are happy with, just would recommend don't be color blind check out all that are close and try the "fit" and be sure you can get support both parts and mechanical. If possible try to be sure your dealer won't disappear as soon as your tractor is delivered.

/ Are you "brand" person when it comes to your tractor? #35  
No. When I purchased my tractor it was the best value for my $$. Not the best price but value. My local dealer is 150 miles away because the know what they are doing and actually stock parts and I do break things on occasion. The last 2 tractors that I specd for my neighbors were both Kubotas. Because they were the best Value for the $$. AND one was purchased from a dealer 100 miles away and both tractors will go back there for any issues because our local dealer is a ass. I research EVERY thing and get the best most reliable product to fit the need. AND I really like Japanese and Korean built products. I have a small yard and a half loader that has over 20k hours on it and it still runs and operates great. CJ

/ Are you "brand" person when it comes to your tractor? #36  
Manufacturers and dealers want brand loyalty, hence the logo apparel and accessories. These are all revenue streams for them designed to make you spend more with them. In my younger years I thought anything that wasn't painted Cat yellow was junk, but it took awhile to take off the blinders. Even today much of the name brand equipment is of re-branded Chinese manufacture, although many are reluctant to admit it. So yeah, I don't care what color the machine is as long as I can fix it and maintain it myself. I can always paint it to my satisfaction.

/ Are you "brand" person when it comes to your tractor? #37  
Where I live there is a JD dealership with 9 stores. One is less than 5 minutes drive, full service, full stock and have dealt there since 2008. Case / Mahindra dealer across the road from the JD. New Holland maybe 10 minutes. Kubota, 10 - 12 minutes & Massey maybe 30 minutes. That said, the farmers fields are a sea of Green, with a very few red / blue / orange.

There is a reason why JD is the #1 selling brand in NA and it's not because they are the cheapest.

/ Are you "brand" person when it comes to your tractor? #38  
Definitely not brand loyal, I look for the best unit that is in the price range I feel comfortable with.
I am looking for dependability and value. That doesn’t mean the cheapest, or most popular. I won’t entertain any Chinese or store brand tractors, prefer Japanese or so.Korean.

I have a 37 year old JD, and a 10 year old LS, both work hard all year, and have never failed me. That is the kind of value I need and appreciate.

In my area, there is JD, Case, M-F, LS, Kioti, and Kubota, I would Consider any of those brands, using the above mentioned criteria.
As for implements, we have a bunch, but no 2 are the same brand.

/ Are you "brand" person when it comes to your tractor? #39  
O.K. time for me to get into trouble. I sometimes think it's what I do best.

There are brands I would avoid. Mahindra comes to mind. Why? Only becuase they tend to not have any consistancy with whom they get their parts from.

There's nothing worse when repairing something and having having to answer a million questions about the prat you need.

What years is it? What Model? O.K. does it have this motor or that motor? Was your's made in the first part of the year or later on? Is this the one where they put the sticker on the center of the hood? Yeah, we don't carry parts for those.

/ Are you "brand" person when it comes to your tractor? #40  
Our loyalty is to:
1. A proven make that's been around and will be around, and:
2. A dealership that'll treat one fairly and stand behind their product.

We have two dealers of a certain brand in the area, one that's pretty good, and one I won't ever set foot in again. If the good dealer ever changes or closes, that brand in our fleet will be traded.