Are you ready for the winter? Let's see your firewood stack!

/ Are you ready for the winter? Let's see your firewood stack! #1  

MF243RedTop

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 243
Had a bunch of logs given to me, over last few weeks it's been cut, split and stacked mostly.... done the math..it's about 4.5 cords of wood when stacked full with the extra stack in front now ...you can see where I buried a post on each end for a third stack..
IMG_20231008_182712059_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231007_172043500_HDR.jpg

The logs left on the ground here are only a small amount of what I had..
IMG_20231008_182725421.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20231007_171747839_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231007_171747839_HDR.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
   / Are you ready for the winter? Let's see your firewood stack! #2  
That is tiny compared to what I have beside the barn but I don't heat with saw logs anyway, I heat with corn which is basically free for me. Been trying to give the wood away with no luck. I bet I have a couple tractor trailer loads of dry hardwood, all sawn into 10-15 foot lengths and it's all dried too, plus I can load anything with it.

/ Are you ready for the winter? Let's see your firewood stack!
That is tiny compared to what I have beside the barn but I don't heat with saw logs anyway, I heat with corn which is basically free for me. Been trying to give the wood away with no luck. I bet I have a couple tractor trailer loads of dry hardwood, all sawn into 10-15 foot lengths and it's all dried too, plus I can load anything with it.
The house here in S Ga is so well insulated...this amount of wood here might last us 2 winters...since it's not the only means of heat..I couldn't imagine the amount of wood/oil or other means ... some might go through...

/ Are you ready for the winter? Let's see your firewood stack! #4  
It hard to tell from the pics... but are those face cored? Again it might be deceiving from the pics but a cord is 4ft high x 4ft wide x 8ft long. Just wondering because we burn easily 3 - 4 cords a season & from the pic it is hard to tell...

I'm actually way behind for this season do to circumstances... :rolleyes:

/ Are you ready for the winter? Let's see your firewood stack! #5  
Shoot! I live is Tennessee, and that much wood would last me 3 or 4 years easy. Unless it is an abnormally cold winter.

/ Are you ready for the winter? Let's see your firewood stack! #6  
Shoot! I live is Tennessee, and that much wood would last me 3 or 4 years easy. Unless it is an abnormally cold winter.
I wish... We heat 3900+ sqft in New England (not even the northern states (CT). Stove usually starts mid late Oct & runs through March / April.

/ Are you ready for the winter? Let's see your firewood stack! #7  
I love seeing someone so prepared!
(Including the drip torch conviently by the corner to light it up...) ;)

What do you use the drip torch for?)

All the best,

Peter

It hard to tell from the pics... but are those face cored? Again it might be deceiving from the pics but a cord is 4ft high x 4ft wide x 8ft long. Just wondering because we burn easily 3 - 4 cords a season & from the pic it is hard to tell...

I'm actually way behind for this season do to circumstances... :rolleyes:
I pulled the tape on it..it's roughly 5x5.5x21 feet long ...which is 577 cubic feet and a cord is 128 cubic feet ..

I love seeing someone so prepared!
(Including the drip torch conviently by the corner to light it up...) ;)

What do you use the drip torch for?)

All the best,

Peter
currently burning all the leftovers from splitting and having a beverage or two.. plus acreage burning when needed..

Attachments

• IMG_20231008_204400155.jpg
    IMG_20231008_204400155.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
   / Are you ready for the winter? Let's see your firewood stack! #10  
I wish... We heat 3900+ sqft in New England (not even the northern states (CT). Stove usually starts mid late Oct & runs through March / April.
We heat about 3200 sqft, about 1600 in house and 1600 in garage and we keep both about 70°, budget plan, $93.00 payment to gas company for 12 months.