Are you ready for the winter? Let's see your firewood stack!

/ Are you ready for the winter? Let's see your firewood stack! #11  
Snazzy burn barrel!

/ Are you ready for the winter? Let's see your firewood stack!
Snazzy burn barrel!
It's a stainless tub from a commercial dryer or washer...can't remember dad brought it home some 20+ yrs ago...hint hint...if you ever come across something like that..

Last edited:
   / Are you ready for the winter? Let's see your firewood stack! #13  
Stacking firewood is a lot of work so I just throw it in a pile.
IMG_3506.JPG

/ Are you ready for the winter? Let's see your firewood stack! #14  
I pulled the tape on it..it's roughly 5x5.5x21 feet long ...which is 577 cubic feet and a cord is 128 cubic feet ..
That is why I asked... it was hard to tell from the pic... Nice stack... (y)

/ Are you ready for the winter? Let's see your firewood stack! #15  
We heat about 3200 sqft, about 1600 in house and 1600 in garage and we keep both about 70°, budget plan, $93.00 payment to gas company for 12 months.
Man I wish... Not sure where you are located but no local gas supply here... we either have propane or heating oil where we are. We have heating oil & unfortunately heating oil is $4.00 a gallon (& that is down a little) in our area right now (so around $880 per fill)... if I could have heat & hot water for the $1,116.00 a year you currently have, I wouldn't burn anywhere near the wood we are burning (if any). It is why we are using wood, as it is from our property & we are not paying (well my time but I like being outdoors)... There have been years where it was worth just burning oil, but not with the present administration. We are heating 3900+ sqft & that does not include the 1400 sqft attached garage, but we only keep the garage at around 55 -60 degrees, the house is 68 to 70.

/ Are you ready for the winter? Let's see your firewood stack! #16  
Wife and I cleared 1/3 -1/2 acres of our ~7 acres in N. Georgia for this house over the last two years +. We moved in late this March. So we used some wood in the wood stove. Not much maybe a half face cord. But we don't know how much we will use. Hope this will last a few years.

Attachments

• 20221027_174335.jpg
    20221027_174335.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 63
  • 20221027_174252.jpg
    20221027_174252.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 65
   / Are you ready for the winter? Let's see your firewood stack!
Wife and I cleared 1/3 -1/2 acres of our ~7 acres in N. Georgia for this house over the last two years +. We moved in late this March. So we used some wood in the wood stove. Not much maybe a half face cord. But we don't know how much we will use. Hope this will last a few years.
Nice stacks!!!

/ Are you ready for the winter? Let's see your firewood stack! #18  
5 cords in the basement also....ready as can be.

Attachments

• Wood.jpg
    Wood.jpg
    988.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Wood 2.jpg
    Wood 2.jpg
    735.7 KB · Views: 48
   / Are you ready for the winter? Let's see your firewood stack! #19  
Man I wish... Not sure where you are located but no local gas supply here... we either have propane or heating oil where we are. We have heating oil & unfortunately heating oil is $4.00 a gallon (& that is down a little) in our area right now (so around $880 per fill)... if I could have heat & hot water for the $1,116.00 a year you currently have, I wouldn't burn anywhere near the wood we are burning (if any). It is why we are using wood, as it is from our property & we are not paying (well my time but I like being outdoors)... There have been years where it was worth just burning oil, but not with the present administration. We are heating 3900+ sqft & that does not include the 1400 sqft attached garage, but we only keep the garage at around 55 -60 degrees, the house is 68 to 70.
I’m in central Minnesota, many still have LP tanks they have to get filled and a bunch still burn wood. We had our shouse built in 2016 and the one thing I wish I would have did different was to put a gas water heater and gas dryer also, instead both are electric so our gas bill is just for the boiler to heat the in-floor heat in the garage and house. That is why I do budget pay, I had to pay a small fee all summer anyway just to have the service

/ Are you ready for the winter? Let's see your firewood stack! #20  
This works well for me. I harvest logs as long as possible in the woods. Usually 20 to 30 ft. in length. Then they are cut to length right at the log splitter. I split and load into totes. The totes are them moved with a forklift. Each tote is good for about two weeks of heat. Should be good to go this year.

Attachments

• loading totes.jpeg
    loading totes.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
  • firewood in totes.jpg
    firewood in totes.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 54