Arrived -- L5740 HST with implements

/ Arrived -- L5740 HST with implements #1  

ecoslik

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 HST with LA854 loader and QA, top and tilt, 1 front and 3 rear remotes, foamed rear tires
It arrived. What a day!!

Pictures below. :thumbsup:

I had to play hookey from work so I could immediately jump on for a day cutting the pasture. :laughing: After 7+ hours of brush hogging, I now understand the benefits of a cab, not that I would want one at this point in the journey ... I was so covered in dirt by the time the work was complete. :D

As I posted previously, after all the great advice from TBN members and the searching, research, and testing we bought from a private seller on Tractohouse using a freight/trucking broker with the help and service and inspections of seller's (WA) local Kubota dealer and some extra help on this end by my local dealer (TX):

2007 L5740 HST ROPS model (in service Jan 2008)
854 FEL with QA bucket with bolt on cutting edge
ROPS mounted fiberglass canopy
447 hours (Seller paid for 400/450 hour service)
Loaded (rear only) turf tires (probably only detail that caused me reluctance)
3 rear valves
Loader mounted front valve (controled by FEL joystick)
Kubota Top and Tilt
Diverter valve mounted on fender for continuous flow applications
72" LandPride RCR2672 brush hog
72" LandPride BB2572 box blade
72" LandPride LR1572 landscape rake with wheels
66" LandPride scarifier
48" QA pallet forks

I can't wait to start some of the loader projects that we've planned ... grapple work on several large tree/brush debris piles, reestablishing a gravel drive for our north gate, and putting in large amounts of new gravel around the front and rear OVH doors of our new shop building and for the eqipment yard between this shop and the horse barn.

Work has never been so fun, fun times!! I am certainly grateful to the Seller also; I made a new friend in the process.

Attachments

• IMG_7594.jpg
    IMG_7594.jpg
    529.9 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_7605.jpg
    IMG_7605.jpg
    825.6 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_7604.jpg
    IMG_7604.jpg
    713.4 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_7606.jpg
    IMG_7606.jpg
    608.1 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_7614.jpg
    IMG_7614.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_7618.jpg
    IMG_7618.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 272
   / Arrived -- L5740 HST with implements
washing down after first day of brush hogging ... :laughing:

Attachments

• washing tractor.jpg
    washing tractor.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 249
   / Arrived -- L5740 HST with implements #3  
Nothing like one stop shopping. :)

"Work has never been so fun"
Don't let your better half hear that. ;)

/ Arrived -- L5740 HST with implements #4  
Very nice! Congrats! I actually kinda wish I had gotten the turf tires.

/ Arrived -- L5740 HST with implements #5  
Let us know how you like those big turf tires after awhile, if you don't mind!

/ Arrived -- L5740 HST with implements #6  
You have pretty much the ideal setup for your needs. Only time and use will tell if the tires are right for you as tire choice is an ongoing debate.

I know the tractor is new to you, but once you get comfortable with it you will find it is easier and the ride is smoother when bush hogging etc without the FEL. It takes under five minutes to take off/install and is really easy/simple.

I have the same cutter and so far it has held up to some really rough use and cuts great.

It is hard to believe anyone would be willing to sell all of that great stuff.

/ Arrived -- L5740 HST with implements #7  
I think you will like those tires. After one year with mine on grass, snow, mud, and dirt, I am very happy with them. Those are some massive hoses on your top and tilt! What is that hydraulic valve on top of your fender for? Philip.

Attachments

• IMG_2332.jpg
    IMG_2332.jpg
    1,020.7 KB · Views: 184
   / Arrived -- L5740 HST with implements
We laughed about being careful of telling wife about work being so fun. In fact, she had put me on a deadline to make purchase since I had been spending so much time deciding and trying to locate a good deal.

Phillip,
The hydraulic valve on the fender is a basic on/off for the third set of ports on the rear. Instead of having a lever, the third set of valves are setup for continuous flow with this on/off. The idea was for backhoe and similar implements that would need continuous supply without having to "strap open" a typical lever. I sure think that is the explanation but probably the wrong teminology.

When I was hogging, I leaned my forearm on these HOT fittings a couple times as I was twisting around to look over my shoulder., :ashamed: It caught my attention fast teaching me to be body aware. :laughing:

I think the terf/turf (spelling?) tires will work fine. I had no problem at all. Plus, I sure liked how easy they are on our property. The only concern I have about the terfs/turfs tires is in some creek and pnd areas, but I suspect that any tire choice might present challenges in those areas.

TripleR,
Thanks for the suggestion about removing the FEL while cutting in the pasture. I started to remove it for the first go, but I decided I wanted a baseline experience so that I had something to compare to when I remove it and cut. Having it on sure added to the bounce factor. Since I don't really understand which hose does what, I also wanted to (study) become more familiar with the reasons each hose connects where it does before unhooking. I have no doubt that I can just note how they are now, unhook, and just remount and rehook exactly the way it came to me which is probably what I'll do the first time I remove the FEL ... but I do want a better understanding of the hoses and hydraulic ports so I know "why" versus "just because" that is the way it came to me.

Yes, we were very fortunate to find a seller offering so much. His business was slow, and he took an unrelated job in the meantime. He kept his Kubota excavator, dump truck and hydromulching rig to continue his business on the side from his unrelated job. He figured that he could rent for a while when needed. Plus, this was his 4th Kubota tractor in 10 years, so he was not intimidated about buying another when business picks up again.

Speaking of learning to use ... the cruise control is an outstanding feature. I rarely used the HST pedal in the pasture even though I often adjusted speed in turns or on slope ... I just kept a hand on the cruise control lever and handled the speed that way. Very nice. Of course, I used the HST pedal when backing the hog under trees and hogging along the steepest parts of the property.

The top and tilt was really nice to adjust when mowing along several pasture terraces to prevent scalping the uphill sides of the terraces.

/ Arrived -- L5740 HST with implements #9  
TripleR,
Thanks for the suggestion about removing the FEL while cutting in the pasture. I started to remove it for the first go, but I decided I wanted a baseline experience so that I had something to compare to when I remove it and cut. Having it on sure added to the bounce factor. Since I don't really understand which hose does what, I also wanted to (study) become more familiar with the reasons each hose connects where it does before unhooking. I have no doubt that I can just note how they are now, unhook, and just remount and rehook exactly the way it came to me which is probably what I'll do the first time I remove the FEL ... but I do want a better understanding of the hoses and hydraulic ports so I know "why" versus "just because" that is the way it came to me.

Speaking of learning to use ... the cruise control is an outstanding feature. I rarely used the HST pedal in the pasture even though I often adjusted speed in turns or on slope ... I just kept a hand on the cruise control lever and handled the speed that way. Very nice. Of course, I used the HST pedal when backing the hog under trees and hogging along the steepest parts of the property.

The top and tilt was really nice to adjust when mowing along several pasture terraces to prevent scalping the uphill sides of the terraces.

I did the same thing with mine and when mowing heavy brush etc., I will leave it on to use as a "feeler" which has prevented damage from stumps. It also keeps the briers and saplings off my paint. If you mow slopes, you may need additional weight or not. I don't, but experience will tell you how yours reacts.

All three of my Kubotas have color coded hoses, so reattaching is really simple. There are some really useful threads on here about removal.

I use my hydraulic top-link the same way and to also to mow around my ponds by backing down and then "dipping" the back to the water's edge without scalping on entry/departure.

Sure can't beat the cruise control:thumbsup:

/ Arrived -- L5740 HST with implements #10  
Good thing your teeth are white! I could barely see you from all the dirt! :D Congrats on the great purchase!