Artic Cat 4x4

/ Artic Cat 4x4
Hi
Well we have read all the feedback post and it was very helpful. We have decided to buy the artic cat 400 automatic after comparing it to the Polaris. We liked both machines and spent all day last Saturday running back and forth between the 2 dealers. The price was $5,500 2 things I didn't like about Polaris was 1. The front wheel drive only kicked in after a slip in the rear wheels and 2. The front struts instead of the A frame suspension. But they might be better it was a hard decision only 200 dollars difference in price I did like the AC salesman better seemed to know more about the machine he was selling. I guess only time will tell if we made the right choice.

/ Artic Cat 4x4 #22  
Lazy,

You made a good decision. I am glad you went to the bigger machine, you will be much more happier. The only thing I want to question is your #1 remark on the 4 wheel drive for the Polaris. I was wondering which model you were comparing with because all of the Polaris's that I have seen have a switch for the 4 wheel drive. Has nothing to do with the rear wheels at all other than you don't want the rear wheels spinning and the front ones stationary when you flip the switch. Both my 500 and 700 will goes right in, I don't need to wait for slippage?

Other than that have fun with it. Post some pictures of it also.

murph

/ Artic Cat 4x4 #23  
Good choice. I'm sure you'll enjoy the heck out of it. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Artic Cat 4x4
Hi
The dealer said even though you put it into 4 wheel drive the front wheel only pull when it detects there is slip in the rear wheels and that is why you can put it into 4 wheel drive on the fly. We were looking at the 400-sportsman model. I wish I could afford both the AC and the Polaris I liked both. Thanks again for all the feedback. I will post pics as soon as we get the machine, should be about 2 weeks so the dealer say's.
Charlie

/ Artic Cat 4x4 #26  
That is weird. Mine you shift on the fly and if your on even concrete you can tell it went into 4 wheel because the steering gets hard and you can feel the fronts fighting the backs. Another thing on my 700 you are not to put it in 4 wheel while spinning the back tires otherwise you could mess things up. I have done it and you can feel the grinding in the front. They want all wheels going at the same pace to put in four wheel. But you got me curious and now I will have to go to my dealer and check that out.

Anyways, you did the right thing. Artic Cat is a good unit also and if you have good service from your dealer you will be happy.

murph

/ Artic Cat 4x4 #27  
I have heard the Artic Cats are very good machines. You will be glad you went with the 400 also.

I would also like to recommend taking the ATV safety/riding course. Find out from the dealer where it is offered, you won't be sorry. Alot of times the course is paid for with the purchase of your new machine.

A young or ol' dog can never learn enough tricks /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ride safe and hope you enjoy your new machine.

/ Artic Cat 4x4 #28  
AC 400 playing in snow..............

Attachments

• 363428-AC snow pix.jpg
    363428-AC snow pix.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 220
   / Artic Cat 4x4
Got the new Artic Cat 400 this afternoon.
thanks to everyone for all the feedback it was a big help.

Charlie

/ Artic Cat 4x4 #30  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Got the new Artic Cat 400 this afternoon.
thanks to everyone for all the feedback it was a big help.

Charlie )</font>

That's great Charlie, have a great time with it. You will enjoy it. But keep it safe especially with kids around. Also pictures are a must so we will be watching for them.

murph