Articulated tractor parts help wanted

/ Articulated tractor parts help wanted #1  

davedj1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501
I'm not much of a scrapper so I don't know what's available out there but I'm looking for something like Vyacheslav used for his transmission with the drive axles coming out of it. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/266449-homemade-garden-mini-tractor-4x4-2.html
Most front wheel drive applications that I can find have a transverse mounted engine and the transaxle is kind of funky. The one he uses looks to be the right combination.
Any suggestions? I have access to a few junkyards nearby.
Thanks,
dave

/ Articulated tractor parts help wanted #2  
The frt axle out of A 97 - 2006 Gmc Jimmy has a narrow axle that has a traditional 90 deg gear set up..Cv joints plug into the ends.. It might be light for a rear axle , it does have a cable operated disconnect ..Common ratio is 3.42 or 3.08.. If you have a wrecker with older vehicles try a small car for a solid rear axle , toyota Pick up rears were fairly tough also..Ford 8.8 or 9" are easy to narrow also.

/ Articulated tractor parts help wanted #3  
A few years back I looked into building a side by side atv. I was going to use Subaru center sections, might be worth a look into.

/ Articulated tractor parts help wanted
thanks guys, I will look into those options. Funny I actually have an 8.8 with disc brakes sitting on a pallet right now. :)