Articulated tractor project for sale

Item Details
About a year ago my brother in law passed away. He had been working on an articulated tractor project for a number of years, it is mostly complete, with some the hydraulic plumbing and the control system not yet completed.
My sister would like to sell it to someone interested in completing it. If anyone is interested I can get photos and provide contact information. I will be up to see her in a few days and take some pictures at that time.

/ Articulated tractor project for sale #11  
Was his name Matt Kramer? There's a a YouTube channel named that with builds that look identical.

Homemade 4WD hydraulic drive articulated Tractor - YouTube

/ Articulated tractor project for sale #13  
He's got a few more videos of it there on youtube, too. Reminds me a bit of my Power Trac.

/ Articulated tractor project for sale
This is Matt's project, he was an incredibly talented individual, we all miss him. He was building this for the challenge of doing it, as I recall it started as a Cad Plans design that sort of evolved as he built it. According to my sister he was near completion and was trying to complete a small 3 axis CNC machine he was building and wanted to use for manufacturing the instrument panel for the tractor. His failing health over the last few years had a huge impact on getting his projects done. The desire was there but the body couldn't make it happen. He always was building stuff, he was a commercial diver for many years with his own company. One of his early projects was a steel salvage barge that he built in their driveway in Bellevue, much to the entertainment or horror of the neighbors.
Some of his more notable projects as a diver were salvaging the Corsair from Lake Washington that now fully restored graces the Boeing Museum of Flight, disposing live bombs that had been jettisoned by planes near the old navel airfield there. He also did anchor cable cleaning and inspection on the Hood Canal floating bridge (using a mini submarine that he built from a bare pressure hull).
He was a kind individual who would always try to help those less fortunate than he. He was a rather rabid conservative who loved a good political argument, which led to some fairly entertaining family get togethers as the rest of the family is pretty liberal. Despite that we all loved him and have very fond memories. Matt and my sister raised two daughters who are fine young ladies, his oldest is in the navy and works at ONI (lieutenant commander, I think), the younger is a special ed teacher in her second year of teaching.

Last edited:
I do like the looks of this machine but I must ask, is that front hydrolic oil tank, in the line of sight of the operator? I wish I had the $$$ to complete it!

That tank has not been mounted yet, I think it would be mounted on the engine cowling.

/ Articulated tractor project for sale #16  
Sorry for your family's loss. Sure looks like a guy that would have fit in here at TBN very, very well. ;)

Sorry for your family's loss. Sure looks like a guy that would have fit in here at TBN very, very well. ;)

He may have been a member, he knew about TBN and had a link to it from his site: machinebuilders.net

/ Articulated tractor project for sale #18  
Sorry for your loss. I hope and I would guess, he was doing what he loved. We all need to be doing that, before its to late.

/ Articulated tractor project for sale #19  
Sorry for your loss.
He sounds like he would have been my best friend if I had known him.

/ Articulated tractor project for sale #20  
That is awesome.