As a customer what is acceptable to you?

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #1  

bdog

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 6130M
Amazon prime delivering virtually anything to me in two days has spoiled me. I have ordered things less than $5 and things over 10k and bam they are on my porch in two days with no shipping charge. Covid has caused a lot of chaos in the supply chain and while things are out of peoples control in some cases I still find it unacceptable. For example I ordered a widget and paid in full up front for it. I was told I would have it in 12 weeks. It is now 16 weeks, I don't have my widget, the manufacturer says it is beyond their control, they don't know when I will get it, and they are doing the best they can. They literally have no clue if I will get my item next week or 30 years from now.

What are your thoughts on this? They are still selling this widget on their website with no mention on there that if you pay for and order one it might five months before you get it. Seems like a shady business practice to me. They want their orders to keep piling in because once they have your money they got you. At this point I don't know what to do. I wasn't happy about a 12 week wait but figured I could live with it. Now that they haven't lived up to that timeline I am angry and feel deceived. I can assure you that once I get my item no matter how good it is I will never do business with this company again.

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #2  
I don’t like it anymore than you do but thats the reality we’re in currently.

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you?
I don’t like it anymore than you do but thats the reality we’re in currently.
Is it though? I run a business and order a ton of stuff for both personal and business purposes. 90% of the people I deal with still have reasonable delivery timelines or are at least are honest about it. Like you said some of it is the reality of what we are living in but I think some companies are intentionally vague about it in order to keep their orders coming in. I respect and will continue to do business with any company that is honest with me but those who are not I hope they go under.

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #4  
Got you? File an AtoZ and call it done, Amazon will give you your money back. They get paid by both the seller and the buyer, they don't care if you receive your item or not.

Amazon is as disreputable as Walmart but people insist on poor service, poor quality, and getting rid of their reliable suppliers so all that they are left with is Amazon and Walmart.

Welcome to the future you created.

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #5  
Generators are like that now. 9 months out. But they dont charge you for it until it ships. Drawback on that is they have had 2 price increases in 8 months. So you pay higher price when its ready to ship.

Got you? File an AtoZ and call it done, Amazon will give you your money back. They get paid by both the seller and the buyer, they don't care if you receive your item or not.

Amazon is as disreputable as Walmart but people insist on poor service, poor quality, and getting rid of their reliable suppliers so all that they are left with is Amazon and Walmart.

Welcome to the future you created.
Im not talking about amazon? They are one of the few places that still do what they say. The people over promising and underdelivering are more along the lines of what I would call mom and pop shops.

Generators are like that now. 9 months out. But they dont charge you for it until it ships. Drawback on that is they have had 2 price increases in 8 months. So you pay higher price when its ready to ship.

I don't mind that if they are true to their word. What chaps my behind is a seller stating a lead time of X and then drastically missing it. If it is 9 months that is what it is. I will evaluate and make my order if I can wait that long but it sure as heck better not be longer than that unless you are planning on giving me a discount or something. Tell me however long it will be but there should be some sort of consequence to the seller if they dont hold up their end of the deal.

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #8  
I see it as one of two things or both. They fear being honest with you will mean you won't order from them OR they truly have no idea on delivery time and are just winging it.

Knowing they can not deliver on a time schedule and, then, charging at the time of purchase is an insult and potentially fraudulent situation.

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #9  
I'm going through the same thing with Woodmizer. When I was talking to them in March they told me 18 weeks. I mailed my deposit and ordered via the local distributor, the order was processed on March 23 so 18 weeks would have gotten it to me around the end of July. I asked about it at the end of June and was told "They are building it Aug 12"... 3 weeks beyond their original estimate yet that's understandable.
I contacted the dealer this week and was told that the build date has been pushed back to Oct 21... 9 weeks beyond their original estimate.
I'm now asking myself how badly I want it. There will likely be snow on the ground by the time that I get it so won't be able to set it up until spring, meaning over a year from the order date by the time that I get to use it.
The dealer said they are having a hard time getting parts from their distributors, yet I go online and read about others who ordered after I did and already have their mills.

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #10  
Amazon Prime seems to be a crock to me, nothing I've ordered using it comes any faster and stuff still takes over a month to get. I canceled my Prime for these reasons.

I say Amazon has made a lot of false expectations and the free shipping party can't last forever. Eventually sellers will stop wanting to get raped by Amazon over shipping and push back.

The reality is shipping costs money. If you don't want to see the shipping charges buy local and support your local businesses if you want to see stuff carried in inventory. Stop buying made in China crap and break the supply chain BS. If you choose to buy Amazon and Wallymart you are part of the problem.