As a customer what is acceptable to you?

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #191  
Let's not forget, a large part of the problem is that is the decimation of our manufacturing base in tithes country. We are dependent upon other countries for common goods in all facets of our society, unfortunately China is the primary source for much of our goods.
Between our governments rush to appease the Chinese, to whom we are deeply in debt, as well as so many companies deciding to move jobs off shore, we are in a situation that leaves us with little choice in acquisition of needed items. If we are lucky enough to find American based manufacturers for the products that we need, it is quite likely that they may be reliant upon foreign based manufacturers for the raw materials to produce the product that we need.
I suppose that this is just the new norm, it certainly is frustrating when you are old enough to remember when our country had a massive manufacturing base (both heavy and light), as well as being a major exporter of manufactured goods of all categories to the rest of the world. Even worse is the fact that this slide has occurred under both democrat and republican administrations alike, I feel bad for the younger generations that have 30-40 years to go in their working careers.
I apologize for the mini rant, but this thread just took me there.

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #192  
Nope, you go right ahead…
Took me there, too.
I thought we had the start of something good there a few years ago, but….oh well…..we can just go back to relying completely on China and the subservience that comes with it.

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #193  
"Between our governments rush to appease the Chinese, to whom we are deeply in debt..."
We should not mention the corrupt politicians that are in the pocket of the Chinese, often even at the local county level.
That might seem too political, so it should never be mentioned, so I won't.

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #194  
"Between our governments rush to appease the Chinese, to whom we are deeply in debt..."
We should not mention the corrupt politicians that are in the pocket of the Chinese, often even at the local county level.
That might seem too political, so it should never be mentioned, so I won't.

We could be so much better. The greed of these corrupt people who run this country while selling us out for personal financial gain is treasonous.
Makes me so angry.
Laws need to be enforced and nobody, even a president, should get passes for taking money for selling us out.

Last edited:
   / As a customer what is acceptable to you? #195  
The previous four comments touch base on things which some of us have been saying for years- nay, for decades.

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #196  
At this point it should also be pretty evident that a service-based economy can be rather fragile and easily broken by things like pandemics......

Not sure I've yet discovered all the local restaurants and retailers that have gone under in the last year & half (to include some regional chains) ...meanwhile it seems as though manufacturers are almost universally struggling to supply enough to meet demand.

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #197  
At this point it should also be pretty evident that a service-based economy can be rather fragile and easily broken by things like pandemics......

Not sure I've yet discovered all the local restaurants and retailers that have gone under in the last year & half (to include some regional chains) ...meanwhile it seems as though manufacturers are almost universally struggling to supply enough to meet demand.
That's a whole 'nother topic that's not allowed to be discussed.

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #198  
The previous four comments touch base on things which some of us have been saying for years- nay, for decades.
Yeah true, but doesn't it seem to be much worse lately?

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #199  
I don't mind that if they are true to their word. What chaps my behind is a seller stating a lead time of X and then drastically missing it. If it is 9 months that is what it is. I will evaluate and make my order if I can wait that long but it sure as heck better not be longer than that unless you are planning on giving me a discount or something. Tell me however long it will be but there should be some sort of consequence to the seller if they dont hold up their end of the deal.
Lemme guess, another post about Everything Attachment lead times. :ROFLMAO:

/ As a customer what is acceptable to you? #200  
Our municipality is all unionized, including office staff.
Saddest example of union results I've seen was the head of personnel at the front door, key in hand, staring at his watch B4 inserting the key! What a shame to even enter your work area early!.

Then the backhoe with a 1/2 bucket load parked as is where is because it was quitting time, or again don't leave early to do a job 1 hour away but have a vehicle come to drive U back in time for that 1.5 hr lunch break then drive U back to the work site. An 8 hr day is lucky to produce a bare 4 hrs real work, maybe!

Oh ask me if I like unions! IMHO any real needs have long passed.
When a unionized employee reads the a procedures manual it is not to learn how to do but to learn what he does not have to do.

Once observed a municipal union protest and each and every worker was very overweight from lack of physical activity. Rakes and shovels are never used anymore, service trucks are all equipped with mini cranes. Shop has huge lifts but they hire outside help to change tires due to weight.

City grader was ordered with central automatic greasing system but drivers refused to activate as it is not in the driver job description so they have to pay a mechanic overtime to grease that grader and naturally with a city vehicle if that grader is remotely stationed.
Next AM they drive the operator to fetch that grader in order to bring it back to the municipal garage.
Making it worst one driver managed to fatally damage that central lube mechanism. i.e., problem solved.

Unionized plow driver will drive thru 2 feet of snow to go plow his assigned street.

Bah, humbug!
LOL, guess I'm showing my age.