Assistance setting up the perfect hydraulic system.

/ Assistance setting up the perfect hydraulic system. #11  
My DIY rotator is a cheap 3000 lb 12 volt winch.
I drilled a 1/8 hole center of the drum and wound some stranded SS to fill the first layer (probably 6 turns either direction) and then wrapped that around my blower chute base and clamped firmly.
That DIY system has served me well for going on 8 years now.
Enough torque to break lose even when the chute is frozen.
Being a DC motor a simple DPDT center off spring loaded switch can be wired to control the rotation.
Also my blower sits outside all year but I'll admit that I did make a cover using some 3 " PVC drain pipe topped with a PVC cap. The 3" PVC just fits snuggly over that cheepo winch!.
Has proven very reliable but best, cheap!

I'll add that current draw is negligible since I've never had switch issues and those usually are rated @10 amps. (I fused @ 15 amps.)

/ Assistance setting up the perfect hydraulic system. #12  
Like LD1 said I would just use a cylinder for the turning of the shoot also. You can make a linkage like the bucket curl/dump on a backhoe. Small cylinders are going to be far cheaper than anything that rotates. I'm not sure I would bother with a relief or crossover or any other fancy valving on a system so small and the operator more than likely not needing to make full cylinder travel.

Do you really need to adjust the top chute deflector that often?