ASV RC100 Overheating

/ ASV RC100 Overheating #1  

Loaderup

Tractor
Asv rc100
I know this is a very common problem with these machines. Over time my overheating issue has became more and more common. I've fought this issue for some time now. I can assure you this has nothing to do with any attachment. My problem persist and I just do bucket work. If anyone has any new information on this issue please post. Thanks

/ ASV RC100 Overheating #2  
Radiator screens all clear/clean?

Thermostat working?

Coolant level ok (my PT-50 uses up coolant; top it off before each use)?

/ ASV RC100 Overheating
Yes to all. Think its partially fixed. Takes two guys to tighten fan belt. Gotta be tight as a banjo string to avoid slippage. Bad design. Got it to 215 again. Put heat gun on engine block and other spots. Cant get it to read more than 195

/ ASV RC100 Overheating
An update to this thread. I fixed the problem for good. The Radiator had to be pulled out of the machine completely. I then took it to a radiator shop and they cleaned it inside and out. They did a pressure test to make sure I had no Leaks. The radiator look fine in the machine but wasn't. It had a bunch of bent fins and looks like I was only getting 50% air flow across the coils. There was dirt inside that couldnt be pressure washed out because of the bent fins.It's just a bad design and you can never completely clean it without taking the radiator all the way out. Now that it is completely clean I cant get it hotter than 195 no matter how hard I work it.

/ ASV RC100 Overheating #5  
An update to this thread. I fixed the problem for good. The Radiator had to be pulled out of the machine completely. I then took it to a radiator shop and they cleaned it inside and out. They did a pressure test to make sure I had no Leaks. The radiator look fine in the machine but wasn't. It had a bunch of bent fins and looks like I was only getting 50% air flow across the coils. There was dirt inside that couldnt be pressure washed out because of the bent fins.It's just a bad design and you can never completely clean it without taking the radiator all the way out. Now that it is completely clean I cant get it hotter than 195 no matter how hard I work it.
I have a 2007 RC 100 , it was getting up to 220, when I am using my Mega mower or soil conditioner it heats up within one hour, the only way I can avoid this is to have access to a good strong hose and blast the rad from the inside and outside, I also make sure my coolant does not have too much anti freeze in the rad. If I do this before I start I get four of five hours before it starts to rise. Guess this is just the way it is with this machine
By the way I love the machine , I will grind through 3-4 inch small trees and shred them to small pieces, I hope one day I can afford the new 115 hp machine

/ ASV RC100 Overheating #6  
I have a 2007 RC 100 , it was getting up to 220, when I am using my Mega mower or soil conditioner it heats up within one hour, the only way I can avoid this is to have access to a good strong hose and blast the rad from the inside and outside, I also make sure my coolant does not have too much anti freeze in the rad. If I do this before I start I get four of five hours before it starts to rise. Guess this is just the way it is with this machine
By the way I love the machine , I will grind through 3-4 inch small trees and shred them to small pieces, I hope one day I can afford the new 115 hp machine
If you have climate control you can always blast the heat. That's what im having to do when I run my forestry mulcher. We have the same machine with 1300hrs. How does your exhaust pipe joints look? I used a thermal camera we have and i noticed alot of heat coming out of the flexible joint especially if they are rusty. Honestly these are great machines when you get used to them.

Check out our website if you get a chance, it helps with our web rankings.