attaching photos

/ attaching photos #1  

m7040

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, MF 203 industrial, ZD331, RTV 1100 , Kubota Minix excavator, Unimog 404
I have still not figured out how to attach photos to the Threads. I have the photos on my computer and wanted to copy and paste but apparently that is not the way to do it. Can someone help explain this for me?

/ attaching photos #2  
Click on the "FAQ" at the top of the page, then click on "Reading and Posting Messages" near the bottom left of that page, then click on "What Are Attachments" and see if that doesn't answer your question. You may need to first resize your photos to 100k or less.

/ attaching photos #3  
down near the bottom of the page when you reply to a thread you'll see mannage attachments. click it and see if that helps.

/ attaching photos #4  
Sorry to get off track from the original thread... but I'll try to answer this. It might help other TBN members?
First, I always resize the pictures in my computer so they are not too big for dial-up members. I went to this site to get a free Microsoft image resizer. Free Image Resizer Once installed, it is very easy to use and automatically pops up as an option when you right mouse click on a picture in your computer. Then you "re-size" the picture. If you search the web, there are several free image re-sizers to choose from.

Then you can go to this site to get a free web host for your pictures. I use Photobucket...it's free. Free Image and Video Hosting - Photo Image Hosting Site : Photobucket.com

Open an account and upload your re-sized images. There are all kinds of things you can do. I make a folder for each topic and upload my photos into that folder. Just follow the directions...it's pretty easy once you get used to it.
Once the picture is uploaded, it will appear in your account. Directly below the thumbnail photo is a square box (on the left below the thumbnail). Check that box and scroll down to the bottom of the page. There will be several buttons...choose the one on the far right that says "Generate HTML and IMG code" and click it.
Then a new screen appears with several rectangles...go to the third one down that says "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended" and right mouseclick on that.
Also log onto TBN and make a post. Then copy that and paste the stuff from Photobucket into the post you are replying to. If you do it right, when you preview your post, it will show up as a "clickable thumbnail" like mine do. You can (should have) both browsers open ...one logged into Photobucket and for TBN so you can work between the two. Try that.