Attachment for managing cleared woods

/ Attachment for managing cleared woods #21  
I did this to about 3-4 acres. I am currently grinding down the stumps after getting sick of weed whacking around them for the last few years. Brush hog the first year or two to figure out if any rocks or stumps are hiding. Then mow it with your regular mower at a raised height. You will have an extended lawn in a year or two without any b.s. extra work. Throw a little seed around the first year and it will spread pretty well on its own without any work.

/ Attachment for managing cleared woods #22  
After the forester ground up my 4 acres I raked it in a few large piles with the tractor and burned them.Later I pulled the stumps as best I could and have been trying to keep the autumn olive at bay with the brush hog.That stuff won’t quit.

/ Attachment for managing cleared woods #23  
Just mow it. That's all you have to do. Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill like some will have you do.

Either a brush cutter or flail mower.

Simple.
This is what we do. I do the main trails with a rotary cutter and and also use a zero turn around the trees - that lot isnt all that big. We've go 15 acres of woodlot that is mostly cleared under the trees. Mowing it 3 or 4 times a season keeps it clean and walkable. Can raise up the blade if you're worried about hitting anything.