Attachment pricing

/ Attachment pricing #1  

MinnesotaMorg

Silver Member
Tractor
Deutz Fahr 6130ttv
When you guys are buying attachments/implements - are you able to negotiate the price at all?

I am trying to buy a few things and I am getting shut down pretty hard right now on price. I figured there would be a bit of play especially if I'm buying package deals or last years equipment. Is it because inflation they are just as well to sit on the attachment rather than sell it for a slightly lower rate?

/ Attachment pricing #2  
When I was shopping for a new tractor in April, 2022, one Kubota dealer said they were having trouble getting enough tractors to meet demand and Kubota was getting ready to impose a 4% price increase across the board just about the time I was ready to buy.

The cost of steel has risen quite a bit in the past couple of years. I think the short answer is attachments cost more to build and more to ship now that diesel is $5.49 or more a gallon right now.

If these high fuel prices cause the economy to slow down, then maybe there would be more price negotiating.

/ Attachment pricing #3  
Before tractor market took hit yup one could get good deal more so package deal not so in my area now,dealers facing wait time etc.,even private sales on attachments are high.

/ Attachment pricing #4  
When you guys are buying attachments/implements - are you able to negotiate the price at all?

The dealer looks at his replacement cost and replacement is 10% higher after six months.

.....and you want a discount.

/ Attachment pricing #5  
We all want discounts Jeff, Implement prices at RK and TSC have gone up 1K on things like tillers and mowers, Look on craigs list , What are you looking to get?

/ Attachment pricing
and you want a discount.

I'm not expecting anyone to lose money selling to me, I just was trying to leverage buying multiple things at once or trying to buy equipment sitting on their lot since at least last summer. In both cases it was pretty much a no go. The crappy thing is if I was someone with existing implements I would just wait. The best I can do now is spread my money around to the the places that are a bit more responsive.

Maybe I'm one of those fools who is easily separated from his money, in another world I would have waited a bit to buy a tractor and implements.

/ Attachment pricing #7  
Yes, discounts are pretty much gone right now. I’ve been buying some implements and as you mentioned no package deals and that’s even if you can find a dealer with more than one thing you want. I’ve had tough luck so I’ve had to buy from multiple places. A few dealers even said they could put me on a list for when something arrives but they can’t guarantee a price, they will charge based on what it costs at arrival. It’s pretty bad.

/ Attachment pricing #8  
It's a seller market for sure;can't get any products to sell;tractors ,cars ,trucks ,boats,atv ect.And they all are making a "lot of money"because of it.
I.E. GM has raised the price of new trucks $5K in 2022 and still can sell every one they build( most are sold before they hit the lot).
You are not going to get any bargain's.