Attachment too high

/ Attachment too high #1  

3Bladz

Silver Member
Tractor
a real 4320JD and a 3720JD 5610 Toolcat "Luigi"
I bought a snow pusher from FFC for a compact tractor. It has the bobtach quick attach but the problem is the toolcat boom wont lower far enough for the pusher to sit flat on the ground. It is about an inch too high. Should I cut off the attachment plate on the pusher and raise it up? Has anybody seen an adapter to lower the connection, like on skids when you put tracks on? I need at least 3 inches to account for some variation in ground level.

/ Attachment too high #2  
If you have the 29" tires on your TC you can go to 27". That'd give you an inch.

/ Attachment too high #3  
What if you weld or bolt a small support on the bottom of the attachment plate to raise it up a little. Something round like pipe or a plow skid shoe may raise it and yet help prevent it from getting caught on something.

Buying smaller tires is not an option IMHO.;)

A simple second option is as follows:
On some of my attachments, my TC or SS boom won't get low enough. If I tip the bobtach forward, the handles will hit before the bobtach can engage. Just lower both handles down (lock postion) so they won't hit, tip the bobtach forward, engage the lip, then tilt back and sligtly lift the attachment. Then you can and raise the handles, lift the attachment completely and finally lock the handles down. Both my TC and SS have the hydraulic power bobtach which makes it easy as pushing a button in the cab!:cool:

I have considered cutting off the handles with the power bob-tach set up. The handles serve no purpose if using hydraulics to open and close them -except to get in the way, get caught on a hose etc.

/ Attachment too high #4  
Both my TC and SS have the hydraulic power bobtach which makes it easy as pushing a button in the cab!:cool:

I have considered cutting off the handles with the power bob-tach set up. The handles serve no purpose if using hydraulics to open and close them -except to get in the way, get caught on a hose etc.

What happens when you want to put something on the back of your TC, Radman1?

Is there a bobtach that hooks up to the 3-point hitch as well?

/ Attachment too high
I think I need to explain further. The problem is not in getting hooked up to it. Tilting the plate forward works. The problem is the blade does not contact the ground after it is on, which makes it hard to push snow, or at least the bottom inch of it. It is a box pusher so tilting it forward just rests it on the front of the shoes. The pusher needs to remain level and the boom really needs to be raised at least a little to allow the blade to stay on the ground through hills or dips. I think I may send it back and buy a different brand that the guy said he could put the plate at whatever height and angle I want it. I was kind of hoping for a cheap solution so I can use this one. The welding shops are talking 500 bucks or more. I really like this one in particular because it is not as tall as the ones built for skids and I can see over it. But I also dont want to go torching and welding on it then I have to paint it too.

/ Attachment too high #6  
What happens when you want to put something on the back of your TC, Radman1?

Is there a bobtach that hooks up to the 3-point hitch as well?

I have seen a few manufactured adapters that mount on a 3 pt to allow a universal skid steer attachment. They would have serious limitations on how low/high they can go. It would seem it would also require a hydraulic top link have any hope of making the rear mounted skid steer attachment useful. Overall, for most uses they would not be practical. Any attachments requiring significant hydraulic flow would need to have hoses to reach to the front of the TC.
It would be much easier to buy significantly cheaper, dedicated 3 pt attachments to run off pto or low flow rear hydraulics, rather than purchasing expensive skid steer attachments, connect them to a 3 pt via an adapter and then have limited function.

I touched on this subject in an e-mail I sent you earlier.

/ Attachment too high #7  
I think I need to explain further. The problem is not in getting hooked up to it. Tilting the plate forward works. The problem is the blade does not contact the ground after it is on, which makes it hard to push snow, or at least the bottom inch of it. It is a box pusher so tilting it forward just rests it on the front of the shoes. The pusher needs to remain level and the boom really needs to be raised at least a little to allow the blade to stay on the ground through hills or dips. I think I may send it back and buy a different brand that the guy said he could put the plate at whatever height and angle I want it. I was kind of hoping for a cheap solution so I can use this one. The welding shops are talking 500 bucks or more. I really like this one in particular because it is not as tall as the ones built for skids and I can see over it. But I also dont want to go torching and welding on it then I have to paint it too.

"Now I see" said the blind man. I assume the front skids are not adjustable to compensate for tilting the pusher forward. Is that correct? I don't have a pusher, but don't most pushers have adjustable side shoes?

My TC's attachment plate is probably just a little taller than my skid steer. However, the TC suspension will allow it to drop down with weight. I am surprised this pusher doesn't have issues with other skid steers being to high.

/ Attachment too high #8  
It would be much easier to buy significantly cheaper, dedicated 3 pt attachments to run off pto or low flow rear hydraulics, rather than purchasing expensive skid steer attachments, connect them to a 3 pt via an adapter and then have limited function.

Yes...I'm missing something??

I thought there was some mysterious adaptor plate for the 3 point.

The reason was the BCat video showing the blower connected up to the rear end with a plow on the front.

It must be that the blower has a built in three point attachment?

/ Attachment too high
No the shoes arent adjustable. But it has a rubber edge and you wouldnt want it extending down too far or it would just fold under.

/ Attachment too high #10  
Yes...I'm missing something??

I thought there was some mysterious adaptor plate for the 3 point.

The reason was the BCat video showing the blower connected up to the rear end with a plow on the front.

It must be that the blower has a built in three point attachment?

Well, it seems Bobcat now has a rear mounted, pto snowblower available for a 3 pt. But it is not going to work on the front of a TC without an adapter such as this:

Buy Skidsteer Model 80 3 Point Adaptors from the best source Skid Steer Solutions. We are your #1 choice for Skidsteer Model 80 3 Point Adaptors. Save time and money by shopping online.

Bobcat's front blower with skid steer attachment plate will not work on the rear 3 pt. Front blower needs, higher hydraulic flow rate and 7 pin attachment control plug - which are only on the front of the TC.