Attachment too large

/ Attachment too large #1  

VroomVroom

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2816 HST, Super M farmall, J5 bombardier, 230 timber jack skidder
I’ve used a Lucknow 6’ single stage snowblower on the rear of my mahindra 2816 hst. 22 pto hp. I’m pretty slow with it, never really bogged engine much. But curious, will this cause pto clutch premature failure. Anyone have pto clutch failure from longer term abuse with to large of an attachment or even heavy abuse with a proper size attachment? Is this snowblower too large for this machine. I never really overloaded it through much snow.

/ Attachment too large #2  
You have a light shearpin or overrunning-slip clutch on it?

6' is pretty big if you get wet snow-fine if you get dry snow. Would probably use straight drift cutters on it rather than flared.

Personally not ever heard of anyone damaging a pto with a snowblower, usually the snowblower self destructs first. Is the snowblower belt or chain drive?

/ Attachment too large #3  
I've never seen a single stage Luck Now snow blower, are you referring to a single auger 2 stage blower?
Regardless, I think you will know if you're overloading your machine too frequently. As long as the engine is not constantly bogging down or stalling I wouldn't think it would cause any concern for the tractor.

/ Attachment too large
One auger yes. I never replaced the snowblower shear bolt with anything lighter. Whatever the 6 foot single auger blower called for. It’s chain drive

/ Attachment too large
No slip clutch. Just the shear pin in drive shaft and think there’s one on the auger if I remember right. I only asked as a guy I know works at kubota said it was too large and can wear the clutch in the pto.

/ Attachment too large #6  
No slip clutch. Just the shear pin in drive shaft and think there’s one on the auger if I remember right. I only asked as a guy I know works at kubota said it was too large and can wear the clutch in the pto.
Yeah it will definitely wear the clutch since the clutch will be trying to stop the mass of the snowblower.

/ Attachment too large
It has a sprag clutch in it. Or internal overrunning clutch. What wears exactly?

/ Attachment too large #8  
My biggest concern would be engaging and disengaging the clutch. That is the most wear on any type clutch. If you always do that at idle or just above with no load, I think it will be fine. Once it is locked up it should kill the engine before the clutch slips.

/ Attachment too large
I’d admit. In the past I’d sometimes push clutch in at pto speed. Now I throttle down an wait until the blower slows down before pushing in the clutch.

/ Attachment too large
The thing about a hst is , once you push in clutch, shift into a gear, and engage clutch, it remains engaged, even if you sit there not moving. The clutch is spinning a pump with the swash plate in neutral until you push the peddle. As for the driven clutch that is