3-Point Hitch Attachments rubbing tires

/ Attachments rubbing tires #21  
Man what a bueatiful view you have there.

Smoody, i can lift my 16'' disk off the ground but not much room, it barely clears when i go to back it on the trailer.

/ Attachments rubbing tires #22  
Just thinking out loud .... would not longer arms help... like 30 something ??

/ Attachments rubbing tires #24  
I got tired of loosening or disconnecting my sway chains with every equipment change and explored all of the options above, but was still cussing and rolling around in the dirt to get everything adjusted. Then I found a set of offset lift arms at Hoye.

The extra offset allows the arms to clear the pins when disconnecting an attachment with no adjustment at all.

With a little time I have been able to find a "sweet spot" in the sway chains that works on all of my attachments that provides no rubbing on the tires, yet no adjustment when switching attachments or at worst a half turn or so on the sway chains.

I believe these arms cost me about 60 bucks for the set and have been the single best addition I've made to my 1820D.

/ Attachments rubbing tires
I love the view too, and the neighbors are the best. I do have one more pinhole on the liftarm that will give me another inch or two but the height is a bit of a challenge going through any kind of dip. The disks are 19" and in the picture with the 3 point fully raised I have about 6" of clearance on the front row and about 11" on the back.

Attachments

• PICT0008.JPG
    PICT0008.JPG
    855.2 KB · Views: 220
   / Attachments rubbing tires #26  
I bought a hay spear and the pins would rub even when turned inward. I had a local machine shop to make me some more pin brackets and angle braces. I welded them to the spear hitch and it brought the sway arms into a good position so no more rub.

/ Attachments rubbing tires #27  
If the pins were rubbing your lift arms are too short. If the lift arms were rubbing, either your sway chains are too loose, you need to widen the wheel stance, or you have the wrong size implement. You should never have to re-design anything to make it work.

/ Attachments rubbing tires #28  
I think it was just the width on the hay spear. On my bush hog and box blade i just had to turn the pins inward, but with the spear, the arms were spread just about to the tire tread. Every time I bounced, the lift arm would grab the tire. So I modified the spear and brought the arms in more. It looks great now, I just havent used it yet..
I dont know how to include picture.

/ Attachments rubbing tires #29  
Just scroll down to Attach Files. Click on Manage attachments,then browse and find the file or pic. then Open then click on Upload.

When I bought this 5' FM. it was close to my Rears also which are spun to the Furthest apart and still was to close for comfort for me so I turned in my Pins also. Works Great :thumbsup:

Carey

Attachments

• Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 226
   / Attachments rubbing tires #30  
I had this problem with my 1300 D. It turned out that the left rear tire had slid inwards on the axle, I moved it and put a bolt through it , no more problem.