AUGER TO CASING CLEARANCE ????

/ AUGER TO CASING CLEARANCE ???? #11  
Just thought I would mention the fuel treatment as it really does make a big difference.

Interesting. I add a double dose of PS White to every fuel can regardless of season.

JayC

/ AUGER TO CASING CLEARANCE ???? #12  
It wasn't likely injectors sticking. Maybe you had some fuel gelling? Also, when its cold, both my diesels both shudder and smoke the first few minutes until they warm up a bit, with or without fuel treatment.

- but that experience has made me realize extra lubrication is needed for the fuel injectors when using winter diesel.

Just thought I would mention the fuel treatment as it really does make a big difference.

/ AUGER TO CASING CLEARANCE ???? #13  
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info - I really appreciate it.
My fan/impeller clearance is 5/8" - too much. I will be fixing that somehow this summer - maybe fitting renewable blade tips on each paddle.
The auger clearance I have to measure - but from what I recall, is close to 2" or there abouts. I will measure it tomorrow.
Here is a picture of my old blower and you can see the excessive clearance on the fan.
With the right PTO speed , it still throws a good distance around 30ft at 740rpm instead of 540 rpm.

Thanks

Jim

I have a 60" version of your machine. I thought of adding rubber strips to the edges similar to the setup on those small single stage combination auger/fans. I don't know if it would do much good on our machines because the back wall is flat and not shaped to the auger. There would still be room at the lower corner. For now I keep my trusty square edge shovel handy to dig out the snow before putting it away.
I do want to add rubber strips to the ends of the fan blades as some say that will make a difference.
I'm not impressed with the chute on these. I think it is too big and boxy and doesn't get a good flow moving easily. I see bigger blowers with the half round shaped chutes with segmented deflectors that look smaller then the chute on ours. Those chutes can keep the flow going right down to a tiny bit. If the snow gets thin on mine, it turns into a puff cloud.