Automating the Quick Attach (SSQA)

/ Automating the Quick Attach (SSQA) #41  
Been watching this thread with some interest. Seems like I'm jumping into and out of the seat all the time.

But I don't need to power these things, I only need to be able to move them from the seat. In fact, as someone pointed out, having a powered system to move them can hide the fact that they're not moving properly, and lead to damage.

What I'd like to see is some kind of remote crank or chain loop hanging between the loader arms. No electrics, no hydraulics, nothing more to maintain or fix.

In fact, I'd like to see something similar for 3PT top link length adjustment.

/ Automating the Quick Attach (SSQA) #42  
Been watching this thread with some interest. Seems like I'm jumping into and out of the seat all the time.

But I don't need to power these things, I only need to be able to move them from the seat. In fact, as someone pointed out, having a powered system to move them can hide the fact that they're not moving properly, and lead to damage.

What I'd like to see is some kind of remote crank or chain loop hanging between the loader arms. No electrics, no hydraulics, nothing more to maintain or fix.

In fact, I'd like to see something similar for 3PT top link length adjustment.
The engineering & weight for a purely mechanic system would be prohibitive.

SSQA levers have to transmit upwards of 100lbs of force each & move a foot & a half. Trying to move 2 at the same time, you are looking at moving a lever 3' and either 100 or 200lbs of force. Trying to get all of that to pivot around the bucket curl would be complex.

2 pieces of wire, a DPDT switch, a linear actuator & a few brackets is about as simple as you could make it.

/ Automating the Quick Attach (SSQA) #43  
Somedays changing attachments is the only exercise I get :LOL:

/ Automating the Quick Attach (SSQA) #44  
Trying to move 2 at the same time, you are looking at moving a lever 3' and either 100 or 200lbs of force. Trying to get all of that to pivot around the bucket curl would be complex.
I was thinking of a jackscrew where others are placing a linear actuator. I'd just run, say, 1/4" rod with a couple universal joints through eyebolts, a little like many bucket indicators. I imagine it'd be about like those awnings that extend or retract with a crank -- they might have 10 or 20 lbs of force, and move maybe 10X as far as the levers do, so a similar amount of work albeit with a different gear ratio.

/ Automating the Quick Attach (SSQA) #45  
The engineering & weight for a purely mechanic system would be prohibitive.

SSQA levers have to transmit upwards of 100lbs of force each & move a foot & a half. Trying to move 2 at the same time, you are looking at moving a lever 3' and either 100 or 200lbs of force. Trying to get all of that to pivot around the bucket curl would be complex.

2 pieces of wire, a DPDT switch, a linear actuator & a few brackets is about as simple as you could make it.

Lots of skid steers have hydraulic connect. They do it with 8” or 10” of cylinder travel.

/ Automating the Quick Attach (SSQA) #46  
Interesting reading here. The only thing I haven't heard mentioned would be using a spring loaded "momentary" DPDT throw switch. That way you would have to physically hold the switch energized for either direction.
1700441036069.png

/ Automating the Quick Attach (SSQA) #47  
Interesting reading here. The only thing I haven't heard mentioned would be using a spring loaded "momentary" DPDT throw switch. That way you would have to physically hold the switch energized for either direction.
View attachment 832896

My skid steer lock button uses a switch that’s similar to that and it has a cover over the top that you have to lift up to access the switch.

/ Automating the Quick Attach (SSQA) #48  
View attachment 832896
Linear actuators have limit switches internally. If you leave the switch in either position it will just extend or contract all the way, then turn off. Thats how I had my first power SSQA wired & it worked fine. I think I had a 10@ breaker for a 15@ actuator. That way it tripped if the actuator ever worked really hard.