Auxiliary Hydraulics for 2210

/ Auxiliary Hydraulics for 2210 #1  

Argonne

Gold Member
Tractor
JD2210, Ford 4400, Case IH 685, Terramite T7, JD 6x4 M-Gator
I need to install rear hydraulic ports on my 2210 to serve a new implement that has it's own SCVs. JD says they have the second SCV kit for the 2210, but nothing to add a simple set of ports to serve implements with their own valves. This implement (a McConnel Swingtrim) also has a hydraulic motor that needs a low pressure return line. Below is a simplified diagram of the hydraulics showing connection requirements. (I have plenty of other diagrams if someone needs more info).
swingtrim_hyd.jpg

I know little about hydraulics (yet), and I'm hoping that someone can put me on the track of a kit that I can install myself, or put me in touch with an aftermarket resource that can sell me what I need without breaking the bank.

I have the tech manual for the 2210, so if it turns out that I will need to do this peicemeal, a description of what ports to connect the lines to would be great too (but I'm hoping there's a kit out there).

Thanks in advance.

/ Auxiliary Hydraulics for 2210
Everyone likes pictures. Here is the full hydraulic line diagram. Tractor connections on lower left. I'll be learning hydraulics, or else.

swingtrim_hyd2.jpg

/ Auxiliary Hydraulics for 2210 #3  
argonne,

You are writing the book on this topic and there are a whole lot of posters that are watching with a great deal of interest. Keep us posted! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You are writing the book on this topic... )</font>

Yea, I was afraid of that. I've been searching for posts on the subject and have found nothing. I thought everything had been covered a dozen times on this forum, but I guess not.

/ Auxiliary Hydraulics for 2210 #5  
Being that there is no power beyond kit available from JD, getting rear hydraulics will be a challenge. But I have 3 thoughts:
1. There was a guy last year or so that added a cylinder and valve to control his MMM, he tapped into the hydro pump I belive... He has'nt been very active, here is the POST on it.

2. Try contacting Woods. They are currently making a backhoe for the 2210 and tap into the hydraulics in the back somewhere. Maybe they wood sell you just the hydro setup? Here is a POST with lots of info...

3. Any idea what the GPM requirement's are for your new attachment? Seems like it would want more than the 2210 has (5GPM Total?) to operate all that at a decent rate of speed.
Maybe look into a PTO powered hydraulic pump, it just may be alot easier and cheaper in the long run.

Good luck, that sure is a wild attachmeny you have!

Thanks for the info KennyD. I'll check out those two avenues.

As for system capacity, the 2210's non-steering flow is marginal for the Swingtrim, so it's possible I'll need a PTO driven pump in the end, but I still want the rear outlets for other stuff, so I'll try this route first.

/ Auxiliary Hydraulics for 2210 #7  
Yes you can do it by using the test ports beside the SCV. there are three ports on the block beside the SCV that are used to test the flow rate, the service manual calls them all A on one view then describes how to connect up a flow meter by installing a 1/8" pipe plug into the test port then reinstalling plug A then using inlet and outlet ports to check flow. You can just install the 1/8 plug then connect your supply line to inlet and return to outlet or reverse. But you must have a valve connected to these lines that allow flow all of the time or the TPH will not work. If you need more info please pm me and I will try to be more specific but am at work now and dont have the service manual handy.

/ Auxiliary Hydraulics for 2210 #8  
Doesn't sound to me like the test port is going to give you enough flow to work anything.

/ Auxiliary Hydraulics for 2210 #9  
It is the same ports that you hook up a BH to and the test is run at 850psi and is 2.5gpm so it will work check out the posts on hooking up BH on this site.