Axle spacing, ROPS and Soot for Yanmar 1500D

/ Axle spacing, ROPS and Soot for Yanmar 1500D #11  
along with axle spacing try filling rear tires for added weight.

/ Axle spacing, ROPS and Soot for Yanmar 1500D #12  
I also have my front tires filled since I have a heavy finish mower!!!!

/ Axle spacing, ROPS and Soot for Yanmar 1500D #13  
Does your tractor have a front end loader? Keeping it low could help keep you from going over. The main thing is not to traverse hills as mentioned before. My property is pretty hilly too, and you have to be aware that even on a slight slope, if one of the front tires drops in a hole or off the edge of the pavement, it can get scary real quick. Just go slowly while you learn where you and your tractor's limits are and you'll be fine...........

/ Axle spacing, ROPS and Soot for Yanmar 1500D
I make sure the FEL is riding low and anything on the back is riding low too when navigating around. There has been some discussion on filling tires to aid in traction and preventing a possible role, the question is how much? The manual says to do 75%, others suggested less. Seems to me any weight you add above the axle is not going to doing you any good as it will be passing over the end of the axle on a slope. Actually adding to instability. Another question I have is where the center of gravity is on these tractors with respect to left/right and height from the transmission. I figured that it lies on the centerline since both sides seem to be equal in design and at a height a little less than than half the distance the engine sticks above the trans. I thought if I had some kind of reference point, I could look down to the outside rear wheel from over the trans and see how close I was coming to potential trouble. There was a comment that this model will take a fair slope, has anyone rolled one on a slope?

Still can't find any spacers, I was thinking that if I can get my hands on a pair of axle ends I maybe able to weld false rims to these then bolt them to the existing axles and finish off with the tires. By doing this way I would not need to tap threads for the wheel bolts. I just don't know how long the axle ends are or what is on the other end...

/ Axle spacing, ROPS and Soot for Yanmar 1500D #15  
Intersting point about the weight above the axle.........I have wheel weights on the rear, half of the weight is below and half above at any given time then.........doesn't matter tho, when she wants to go over......about all you can do is drop the bucket to see it it stablilizes you. I've saved a couple of tipsy moments this way, especially if I have some weight in the bucket, calms things down pretty quickly.

/ Axle spacing, ROPS and Soot for Yanmar 1500D #16  
VT Hokie,

I have a 1700 and have filled the rear tires. I have filled the tires to the 2 o'clock position (valve stem at 2 o'clock). That puts the level in the tires just above the axles. I can not tell the difference while mowing, but I can when I am using the blade.

The property that I mow has some "rolling hills", but nothing major. I am the only one that uses the tractor. I will not let my son or wife use it, just because I worry about their experience levels (none) and no ROPS. I have used tractors since I was probably eight years old and I know the limitations.

You need to know the limitations of the equipment and use good judgement. If you don't feel comfortable riding sideways on an incline; then go down the incline. Just be safe.

Fig