AZ ranch

/ AZ ranch #1,221  
We didn't think we had very many bugs here so we opened all the doors and windows (no screens on the doors). After about a half hour, we had about a million flies inside and it took us 3 days to get rid of all of them. So, we'll be putting screen doors on, but the french door will be a problem, we're thinking about a screen curtain for inside the house (kinda like a sheer curtain). We could do an in-swing screen door, but it just doesn't sound like it would look right or work very well. The other option is to screen the entire porch which we are considering and that would solve an additional problem of birds building nests in the beams.

/ AZ ranch #1,222  
I second your thought of screening the porch. I have several friends and neighbors who have screened porches, and the break from flies and mosquitoes is welcome.

I took it one step further with mine, and made it 3 season.

/ AZ ranch #1,223  
Another option if you have (or install) an out-swing door is a completely retractable screen that mounts to the interior... they are not the cheapest but they work well & are completely out of the way when not in use... I helped my brother install 2 on their place.. I believe his were from Jeld- Wen.

/ AZ ranch #1,224  
Yeah if you need a screen, then you will either need to go inswing or sliding, realistically

/ AZ ranch #1,225  
Bo, I just recently discovered this thread and read through all 120 + pages of it over the last week. I am thoroughly impressed and have truly enjoyed watching the progress you've made. Thank you for sharing this adventure with us!

-Jon

/ AZ ranch
#1,226  
Bo, I just recently discovered this thread and read through all 120 + pages of it over the last week. I am thoroughly impressed and have truly enjoyed watching the progress you've made. Thank you for sharing this adventure with us!

-Jon

Thanks.

I need to go back myself to see what i have been through. ;)

/ AZ ranch
#1,227  
2DC53864-4DA2-4B09-8867-F5FA195067D0.jpeg

All joists are up. Time for flooring.

/ AZ ranch #1,228  
That's a huge change!!!! You've been killing it.

/ AZ ranch #1,229  
Lookin' good! :thumbsup: Always fun working on building a platform way up in the air, isn't it?

/ AZ ranch
#1,230  
E14590F6-16D9-4D6C-B1D3-771725BC795D.jpeg

Always a lot going on. I have about 2/3 of the flooring upstairs done. When I ran out of 2x6s, then I switched to the stairs, pouring a pad under them, and another one 6 feet away. Instead of a sidewalk, I decided to go with a boardwalk. I have 2 of the 3 pads poured but now I am sidetracked as my neighbor and I work on the roads.